Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Seeking Advice - 22" Performer bowl replacement  (Read 753 times)

pizzaioli75

• Happy Cooker
Seeking Advice - 22" Performer bowl replacement
« on: August 04, 2021, 04:47:50 PM »
I have an old performer whose bowl is finally on its last legs.  What bowl and lid do i need to purchase to replace that?

I love the old heavier duty metal cart vs the newer style performer carts.

Am i crazy in thinking of this vs buying a new performer?  I don't care about the gas starter, but will be drilling a hole for thermometers with a gasket and then also need a whole and cover for a fan controller.

Welcome any wisdom, thoughts and ideas.  Thanks in advance!

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Re: Seeking Advice - 22" Performer bowl replacement
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 05:40:22 PM »
I don’t think you’re crazy.  My daily driver is a 97 SSP.   

With the aftermarket brackets linked below, you can mod any kettle into a performer.   Personally, the newer Mastertouch colors would look great and they have the lid bale.   

Unknown BBQ Kettle Table Mount Brackets (Stainless Steel) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HND388V/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_TAHDDHF83A1RWBDK187W?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KirtonAlan

• Smokey Joe
Re: Seeking Advice - 22" Performer bowl replacement
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2021, 07:01:30 AM »
You are not crazy!!
I have do not have much in the way of DIY skills but I managed this.  There is an excellent youtube video on bowl changing.  I bought a brand new bowl and lid for £50 off of Ebay, followed the video and it turned out just fine.  My 20 year old Weber One-Touch Platinum now looks brand new.  One piece of advice though would be change the old saying of "measure twice cut once" to "measure ten times cut once".  On laying out the card to measure on a table and then drawing the circle around the bowl, I found it was 57cm on one axis and 58cm on another.  That threw my plans!!  I left the bowl out in the sun for an hour whilst I was checking my measurements, brought the bowl back in and redrew the circle and hey presto!! 57cm all round.