Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Half baked Billows ATC mod idea for Glen Blue etc.  (Read 416 times)

Cascader

• Happy Cooker
Half baked Billows ATC mod idea for Glen Blue etc.
« on: March 21, 2021, 05:29:48 PM »
I’m reluctant to drill a bottom hole in my Glen Blue 26”, but do want to try a billows temp controller, likely to be used with various charcoal basket options (baskets, snake, Vortex, SNS etc.).   

I know it’s not a big deal to drill the hole, but I prefer not to, as the kettles aren’t readily available.

I had an idea that perhaps an interesting mod approach would be to add a billows port to the Cajun Bandit rotisserie ring.  It would ideally have some sort of duct attached inside  the ring to route the air to the the lower portion of the kettle.  It could perhaps be flexible duct that goes down the flip up grate, or maybe a small amount of grate should be removed for a dedicated path. 

Was writing in case the community can help work out a slick way to clean up and complete this design idea.

Cheers!

Nasoj21

• Smokey Joe
Re: Half baked Billows ATC mod idea for Glen Blue etc.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 05:23:07 PM »
I like that thought. Not sure if you have figured it out yet, but you could route the air with flexible steel conduit. The conduit also has a really easy way to attach to the ring and should with stand the heat.