Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Bad week start but Weber to rescue  (Read 1190 times)

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
Bad week start but Weber to rescue
« on: May 02, 2020, 10:58:21 AM »
So I found out two elderly people I’ve known for 42 years died of the Coronavirus 3 days apart after being married to each other for 70 plus years. Then a friend tells me his dad was in the ICU  with the virus also, his dad has been released so that’s great news.

Wife and I decided to go check on our house in Friendship, Wi. On the way up I do a bonehead move and take the wrong Highway WTF! Okay my fault I ordered Weber Charcoal at Farm And Fleet in Madison and I’m on the highway to take me to Milwaukee  shit! Again my fault so deal with it I drive the additional 80 miles. Lucky for them they had my order put aside. I was able to get the charcoal and take the normal route to the house only to find out the bridge is flooded and I need to turn around and go 20 miles back so I can drive 30 miles to my house.

I think most can see where this is going...

Get on the road to the house once on the road its only 3 turns within that 30 miles. About 15 miles down the road a 12’ awning broke off of an RV and I hit it! Thanked god for not hurting Dee, me or the truck. I get out stop what little traffic as I proceed to drag and damage on purpose that awning to the side of the road. Get to the house and the garage door won’t work. Lol I wanted to wake up from this nightmare. I told the wife if I’m buying one I’m replacing both. $600.00 installed no way. I found the gear that’s stripped and ordered 2 of them for $6.00 each. Looks really easy to replace so some good news!

I check the house and all is good no leaks, water damage, all is good. Now that all my bitching is over Weber to the rescue. I grab the gray crooked “K” and guess what It worked! More good news[emoji846]

Today is Oscar Mayer grill in your front yard cookout. So for breakfast I did corned beef hash with eggs and got the chicken and Spaghetti squash prepped for dinner.

I will say if that’s the worst that happens to us during this Virus outbreak that’s not to horrible.

Stay healthy everyone!

Now some pictures...

Sent from my

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
Bad week start but Weber to rescue
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 12:06:56 PM »
Spaghetti squash on the grill

« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 12:15:53 PM by Shoestringshop »

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Bad week start but Weber to rescue
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 12:21:30 PM »
Glad to see you recovered from your beginning

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 12:21:56 PM »
Where is your beer?

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2020, 02:07:17 PM »

Where is your beer?

I switched to vodka and lemonade. Lol

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2020, 02:14:51 PM »
Chicken came out great. Tasty crunchy skin and juicy. Perfect day today now to eat dinner and watch a movie with Dee.

cigarman20

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2020, 02:21:37 PM »
Looking good, love a happy ending

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Grails- ‘63 Fleetwood, Ambassador