Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Which kettle to buy?  (Read 712 times)

Fruitbat

• Happy Cooker
Which kettle to buy?
« on: December 18, 2019, 11:36:03 PM »
Hi all, l am looking to buy either a Weber performer or a master touch plus. The master touch has the diffuser plate and the smoking setting while the performer has neither but am led to believe that it’s a better bbq. I want to cook both low and slow/smoke and also conventional grilling. Looking for input as to which to buy. I need to mention that I am in Australia and the models here differ slightly from those in U.S.     Cheers Chris.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Which kettle to buy?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 02:21:23 AM »
For me If I could get the new MT with the diffuser I would go that route but you can go low and slow with either
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2019, 03:04:38 AM »

For me If I could get the new MT with the diffuser I would go that route but you can go low and slow with either

+1.  I also like the portability of non performer kettles.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2019, 06:59:22 AM »
Depends on if you go around grilling. Maybe get two. The one for the backyard that you don’t need to move slot, and a companion that you can pick up and take with you, to the picnic. ( I’m in Phoenix, arizona. I once took my Weber gold with me to Wyoming on vacation!)

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

rover4x4

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2019, 05:05:29 AM »
The Master Touch is worth the extra money, it comes with accessories you'll likely buy anyways. My Master Touch was the first grill I ever bought and my 2nd kettle, it is currently the work horse.

The 26" is a good size, I have found my 22" to get a little crowded when cooking multiple shoulders and ribs. However, I  still use my little 18" frequently. In hindsight I would have gotten the 26". 

I currently have 6 Kettles, It's nice to have a quiver to choose from

I just looked at the Weber Australia page, the Master Touch you get is different from what we have availible here in the USA.  I really like the additional features, especially the wheels.  I wonder what it would cost to ship a Weber from Australia.......

« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 05:11:59 AM by rover4x4 »