Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Simple Salmon  (Read 1528 times)

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Simple Salmon
« on: May 22, 2019, 06:19:27 AM »
Marinated in something Tami whipped up, indirect with a chunk of peach wood. " Best salmon I've ever had" - Tami

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Re: Simple Salmon
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 06:32:01 AM »
Whoa check out that Ivory Trifecta! 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

griz400

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 07:35:31 AM »
Very nice salmon ... and the sides make it a nice meal ....

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 07:58:30 AM »
Whoa check out that Ivory Trifecta! 

I had to do it, I'll fire all 3 up if we have a white Christmas this year LOL
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

dogman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 08:03:19 AM »
That's a nice meal. Why do you put the fish on baking paper? Is it so they won't stick or for some other reason?

I'm waiting for the rain to quit so I can grill some sea bream and salmon on my ivory. Looks like ivory and salmon go together like charcoal and Webers!
Beer! It's what's for dinner...

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 08:15:57 AM »
That's a nice meal. Why do you put the fish on baking paper? Is it so they won't stick or for some other reason?

I'm waiting for the rain to quit so I can grill some sea bream and salmon on my ivory. Looks like ivory and salmon go together like charcoal and Webers!
I have tried direct skin side down to try and crisp skin and then move indirect and have not liked the results. With the parchment paper I can go indirect the whole cook with no issues. I have on occasion removed from paper and went direct for a quick crisp on the skin but I didn't do it that way this time

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2019, 08:16:41 AM »
The salmon looks grate.  The Ivory family looks even better.  You have the ultimate lid stack pic for Reds, so is there any chance you might be making a snowman outta Ivory lids anytime soon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

dogman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2019, 09:20:17 AM »
I have tried direct skin side down to try and crisp skin and then move indirect and have not liked the results. With the parchment paper I can go indirect the whole cook with no issues. I have on occasion removed from paper and went direct for a quick crisp on the skin but I didn't do it that way this time

Are you saying you don't even flip the fish the whole cook or just that you can go indirect and not have to mess with moving the fish around, but still flip it?

The salmon looks grate.  The Ivory family looks even better.  You have the ultimate lid stack pic for Reds, so is there any chance you might be making a snowman outta Ivory lids anytime soon?

I was thinking about a candy cane edition with a red or white bowl and the opposite color lid ;)

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2019, 09:25:20 AM »

Are you saying you don't even flip the fish the whole cook or just that you can go indirect and not have to mess with moving the fish around, but still flip it?

I was thinking about a candy cane edition with a red or white bowl and the opposite color lid ;)
Never flipped, rotated the salmon once by spinning the paper and putting the farthest away to closest, I can do a snowman and a candy cane LOL

dogman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2019, 09:29:34 AM »

Never flipped, rotated the salmon once by spinning the paper and putting the farthest away to closest, I can do a snowman and a candy cane LOL

Awesome on all counts!

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2019, 10:55:27 AM »
Oh wow! Look at that!  Food looks great too.

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2019, 11:59:32 AM »
Man that looks great! Need to do one soon.
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

mahnamahna

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2019, 07:55:28 AM »
Make me want to try salmon again!  Great cook

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2019, 08:59:08 AM »
Looks incredible. Would Tami mind sharing the marinade recipe?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2019, 09:47:08 AM »
Looks incredible. Would Tami mind sharing the marinade recipe?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I will do that, but she likes to wing it some times LOL