Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Peaceful Day  (Read 1702 times)

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Peaceful Day
« on: February 18, 2019, 07:24:10 AM »
I left my cell phone at home and the Delta engineering team has a holiday today. Relaxing at my desk and accomplishing what I need to do with no interruptions, Sweet!!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Re: Peaceful Day
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 12:51:30 PM »
That’s awesome.  After the initial anxiety of leaving my phone at home, I find it oddly and pleasantly liberating. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 03:14:05 PM »
That is nice. I don’t remember the last time I didn’t have my phone on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 04:22:01 PM »
I had that once upon a time. Good to you my friend. Hope you enjoyed you day!
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

pancho2017

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2019, 05:34:21 PM »
You jumped on a time machine bro, back when cell phones and computers hadn't taken over the world yet. A time when you had to go out and live to experience it.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2019, 04:04:33 AM »
I hate cell phones. If I have mine on me during the day, it is usually turned off. My wife wants to kill me for that. Oh well... life used to be so simple...
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2019, 04:37:31 AM »
I envy those that can leave there phone behind.  I’m not one of you[emoji2957].  Mostly because I work long hours & have teenagers. 

Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2019, 05:09:26 AM »
I envy those that can leave there phone behind.  I’m not one of you[emoji2957].  Mostly because I work long hours & have teenagers. 

I remember the days of 3 teenage girls and being an operation manager of a 24/7 intermodal operation with 38 trucks. 3 Nextels on my belt at all times. When I left I didn't carry a phone for 5 years
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2019, 05:24:17 AM »
3 Nextels on my belt at all times.

So...it was like you never had a phone then(?).  They had the absolute worst network.  You could be 100yds from their tower & not get a signal. 

Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2019, 05:28:57 AM »
My cell doesn't get reception at work within the building. So, I turn it off during the day to save the battery. When I get out of the building for the day, sometimes I forget to turn the damn thing back on... I am not a fan of these damn things. I refuse to be tethered to it. My wife is, and it pisses her off that I am not. Oh well. I miss the simple life.

It drives me crazy to see all these people with the "device" in their hands, typing away constantly. Best one I've seen... while standing at the urinal... the guy next to me is texting while he's taking a piss... WTF?!!!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 05:33:08 AM by hawgheaven »
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2019, 05:33:01 AM »
3 Nextels on my belt at all times.

So...it was like you never had a phone then(?).  They had the absolute worst network.  You could be 100yds from their tower & not get a signal. 

Not in Atlanta, the network was awesome back in the day, late 90's early 2000's

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2019, 05:33:25 AM »
My cell doesn't get reception at work within the building. So, I turn it off during the day to save the battery. When I get out of the building for the day, sometimes I forget to turn the damn thing back on... I am not a fan of these damn things. I refuse to be tethered to it. My wife is, and it pisses her off that I am not. Oh well. I miss the simple life.

It drives me crazy to see all these people with the "device" in their hands, typing away constantly. Best one I've seen... while standing at the urinal... the guy next to me is texting while he's taking a piss... WTF?!!!
I still hate them

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2019, 05:36:45 AM »

I still hate them

I guarantee, I always will...

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2019, 06:30:52 AM »
Barely use my smart phone.  Use it driving to work or when I'm running errands.  I rarely text.  I'm still one of those old guys who still has a landline.  Can't take my phone into work because I work in a prison.
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2019, 04:42:06 AM »
   In the nineties I had the perfect pager setup. Certain Panasonic phones could call your pager and leave the number, a one after the number let you know a message was left. Had a black book with everybody's number in it. Damn that was efficient.
   The company's I work with all had Nextels so that was a no brainer to get. The network was good, had a job in Hawaii and had no problems making and receiving calls to the east coast. Any Nextel fan will tell you the PTT was the shit. Those were the days.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.