Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First Brisket on my Weber Summit  (Read 1026 times)

xring01

• Smokey Joe
First Brisket on my Weber Summit
« on: June 23, 2018, 10:01:13 AM »
Yesterday afternoon, made a quick run to Costco, picked up a small 6.5lb brisket, without a point...

Came home trimmed it, injected it with Beef Broth and my seasoning... Let it marinade overnight.

This AM, at 6am, fired up the Summit with some Bull Brand Lump Charcoal, and about 6 baseball size chunks of Pecan... Put a drip pan under the brisket with the "beef broth/marinade and some water" under the brisket.

Its 11am now, summit has been steady 235... brisket is in the stall at 161 internal temp.

Looking good. I normally wrap them at about 165 ish... to finish it.. Then I will bump the temps up to 275ish...

More pics will follow as this cook progress's.

I am amazed at how easy the summit is to operate. Literally set it and forget it. For some one used to big offset stick burners, this is a bit to boring... Its nice not to have to worry about adding fuel to the fire...

Pitts & Spitts 24x36 Offset Smoker, Ranch Kettle, 18" WSM, 22" WSM, 22" Grill, 24" Summit

Lumpwood

• Smokey Joe
Re: First Brisket on my Weber Summit
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 07:08:36 AM »
Is it ready yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

jp217p

• WKC Brave
Re: First Brisket on my Weber Summit
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 11:16:37 AM »
Yesterday afternoon, made a quick run to Costco, picked up a small 6.5lb brisket, without a point...

Came home trimmed it, injected it with Beef Broth and my seasoning... Let it marinade overnight.

This AM, at 6am, fired up the Summit with some Bull Brand Lump Charcoal, and about 6 baseball size chunks of Pecan... Put a drip pan under the brisket with the "beef broth/marinade and some water" under the brisket.

Its 11am now, summit has been steady 235... brisket is in the stall at 161 internal temp.

Looking good. I normally wrap them at about 165 ish... to finish it.. Then I will bump the temps up to 275ish...

More pics will follow as this cook progress's.

I am amazed at how easy the summit is to operate. Literally set it and forget it. For some one used to big offset stick burners, this is a bit to boring... Its nice not to have to worry about adding fuel to the fire...
How do you like the sear grate? It's not bad for the buck so I've been thinking of getting one.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app