Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Leftover brisket>>Brisket and sweet potato hash  (Read 554 times)

CarrieAnn

• WKC Brave
Leftover brisket>>Brisket and sweet potato hash
« on: June 04, 2018, 04:40:25 PM »
“Leftover Brisket”? What’s that, right?  Lol.

Anyway, we made brisket for Memorial Day weekend and because it was The Weekend of the Great Smoke and my family got ‘over smoked’ and we had lots of leftovers. Myself, I do not comprehend being ‘over’ BBQ, but hey... those crazy kids.

So what do you do when you find yourself with leftover brisket, a couple of sweet potatoes, plenty of pantry items, a work from home day and a strong desire to get this stuff eaten up? You make brisket sweet potato hash.

I peeled the sweet potatoes and chopped them, along with some sweet bell peppers that were getting a little wrinkly, an onion and a couple cloves of garlic. Toss with olive oil, S&P and Onto a sheet pan and into the oven at 400 .  If I had the grill going, I’d have done this in a foil packet on the grill. Then I pulled them about 40 minutes later and set aside.

Chopped the brisket, a bit more onion and about 1/3 head of purple cabbage. Butter and oil in the Dutch oven and sautéed the onion and cabbage, season and cook it down a bit. Toss in the brisket to render off a bit of the fat. Add in about a 1/2 cup of beef broth and about a 1/3 cup of whiskey, because why not, and some Worcestershire.  Then I tossed in about 3/4 of the pan of roasted veggies cuz that looked like enough and began tasting. The hash said it wanted a bit more Worcestershire, some pepper and a little maple syrup. It was really good but I felt it just needed something seasoning wise so I added some Penzeys BBQ 3000.  Any rub you like would easily substitute.

Then because I can’t leave well enough alone, I threw in some frozen corn and a can of drained and rinsed black beans and put the whole shaboozie in the crockpot on low just to let the flavors meld. Plus we are all running in different directions so this would keep it warm while we all eat at different times.

Went and got my hair did, came home and fried up and egg and gently laid it upon my hash. Might have hit it with a touch of pepper jack because when has that ever been the wrong answer? Never, that’s when.

Outstanding. I have a bit more brisket left and a bit of the sweet potatoes so I see this being breakfast this weekend!!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
Re: Leftover brisket>>Brisket and sweet potato hash
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 06:21:49 PM »
You had me at “brisket.”

Nice job. I love finding new ways to incorporate one of my favorite things to cook.
Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
Re: Leftover brisket>>Brisket and sweet potato hash
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 02:13:26 AM »
Love BBQ and sweet potato hash 🤤🤤🤤 Thanks for sharing the wealth!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.