Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Jamacin Jerk Sandwich  (Read 991 times)

cigarman20

• WKC Ranger
Jamacin Jerk Sandwich
« on: April 21, 2018, 05:06:04 PM »
While it was supposed to be a gluten free weekend (we've made pizza for the last three weekends) my little guy was having an overnight and asked for weber wood fired pizza once more.

I decided to made a little extra dough to try my hand at making some sandwich hard rolls as I had a craving for a Jerked Chicken sandwich.

I fired up the cut lid pizza setup and the OTP for some chicken legs and got to work.

While I fired the pizza, I smoked some lightly seasoned drumsticks. After the pizza was done I threw in the rolls.

I was pleasantly surprised how well the @bertventures pizza dough worked for rolls. 

I'm the only one in the family that likes Jerk chicken so I used the Grace seasoning as a spread. Layered the smoked leg meat on the roll and topped of with a little Swiss and lettuce.

Finished off with a gin and tonic... it was a perfect meal.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Grails- ‘63 Fleetwood, Ambassador

bigmac53

• Smokey Joe
Re: Jamacin Jerk Sandwich
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 03:45:28 AM »
WOW! That sandwich looks AMAZING! Well Done!

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 04:26:46 AM »
That sandwich looks awesome!!

Also, my wife makes a killer GF pizza crust if you’re interested.... we normally use it on pan pizzas.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

cigarman20

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 02:07:57 AM »
Thanks gents, @Schaefd2 would love the GF crust recipe

Grails- ‘63 Fleetwood, Ambassador

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
Jamacin Jerk Sandwich
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 12:22:04 PM »
Thanks gents, @Schaefd2 would love the GF crust recipe

So I asked my wife and she said she used to make the crust from scratch but that was prior to the dr asking her to go GF (and prior to us having kids). Now, she’s been using the pizza crust box mix from Aldi. LOL it is a killer crust though ;)

« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 01:18:09 PM by Schaefd2 »

julweidn

• Smokey Joe
Jamacin Jerk Sandwich
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 01:13:30 PM »
That sandwich looks awesome!!

Also, my wife makes a killer GF pizza crust if you’re interested.... we normally use it on pan pizzas.

Im interested- my daughter has Celiac, so pizza is always a struggle 

Edit - just saw your additional post. Is the Aldi crust GF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 01:16:19 PM by julweidn »

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
Jamacin Jerk Sandwich
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2018, 01:23:08 PM »
Yes, the Aldi crust that comes in a box mix, is GF and it is excellent. Aldi has several awesome and affordable GF options. If you haven’t tried them yet, you definitely should. They also have these killer muffins that I reviewed on here.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/product-reviews/more-aldi-love-gf-cheddar-cheese-biscuits!/?PHPSESSID=bea1508e71577f5d843af8c006389dcf

« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 01:26:23 PM by Schaefd2 »

julweidn

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2018, 01:46:38 PM »
Yes, the Aldi crust that comes in a box mix, is GF and it is excellent. Aldi has several awesome and affordable GF options. If you haven’t tried them yet, you definitely should. They also have these killer muffins that I reviewed on here.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/product-reviews/more-aldi-love-gf-cheddar-cheese-biscuits!/?PHPSESSID=bea1508e71577f5d843af8c006389dcf

Thanks! We have an Aldi very close to us, but have never been there. Always looking for good GF options

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2018, 01:51:13 PM »

Thanks! We have an Aldi very close to us, but have never been there. Always looking for good GF options

Oh man! Definitely visit Aldi! They are owned by Trader Joe’s and we love everything we have purchased from there. My buddy buys their steaks as says he loves them.

And with all the money you save from shopping at Aldi, your wife will let you buy a new Weber Ranch or Summit!! Hahaha