Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pork loin!  (Read 1808 times)

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
Pork loin!
« on: May 18, 2013, 06:26:25 PM »
I did up a pork loin for dinner tonight, second time I have tried one on the rotisserie.....came out even better than the first time which was great! So moist it looks like I sprayed the pork with water before I took the plated pic, but it was just that damn juicy ! I pulled it at 160 degrees and let it rest for about 15 minutes while the rest of dinner was getting cooked. The pork was tender enough that you could cut it with a fork and if you held a slice in your hand you could pull it apart....super tender but still had a nice chew.

If it needs to be Heated to be Eated, I can do it on my Weber!

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
Re: Pork loin!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 06:57:43 PM »
That looks great!  Could you pass me a plate, please?
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 07:33:11 PM »
That looks great! I have a rotisserie for my gasser but I really need a ring that will fit a kettle. Loin is hard to get moist due to the lack of marbling but it looks like you nailed that.

One comment on the cord. I see you have an overhand knot at the connection to keep it from coming apart. I'd leave it unknotted so that if someone trips over the cord, they don't pull the grill down.   :o
kettles, smokers...

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 08:29:05 PM »
I injected the loin, but I think that the real secret to it is the rotisserie. If you put it on the spit and pull it off between 145 and 160 degrees it should be moist. Most people make the mistake of cooking it up around 180 + degrees and dry it out.  I have made this twice and it has become a favorite.  This recipe is just one more reason the Weber kettle is the best....it does all the heavy lifting and I get to take the credit. ;D
If it needs to be Heated to be Eated, I can do it on my Weber!

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 08:30:49 PM »
That looks great! I have a rotisserie for my gasser but I really need a ring that will fit a kettle. Loin is hard to get moist due to the lack of marbling but it looks like you nailed that.

One comment on the cord. I see you have an overhand knot at the connection to keep it from coming apart. I'd leave it unknotted so that if someone trips over the cord, they don't pull the grill down.   :o

Wow, I was thinking the exact same thing.. Either way, I think its gonna go before the cord pulls apart.. 8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

wolgast

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 09:33:13 AM »
My Kinda plate mate!