Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Brisket Saturday🐂😀👍🏻  (Read 911 times)

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Brisket Saturday🐂😀👍🏻
« on: April 07, 2018, 07:31:52 AM »
It’s been a while since I cooked a packer, and while it’s only going to be 40 today, the sun is out and it “looks” like spring.  Fired the WSM at 3 am.  Cooking a 14.5 lb choice beast from GFS.  It took some creativity to shoehorn this in the 18.5!

I did a simple s&p rub, and today I’m trying a butcher paper wrap for the first time.  Gfs has 1000 ft rolls for $22.  It’s 180 IT now.  Bark was set below before the wrap.  Hope it turns out well. 

Turned out great.  Excellent bark!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 03:20:28 PM by michaelmilitello »

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Brisket Saturday[emoji243][emoji3][emoji1303]
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 08:39:11 AM »
So did you fold it or curl it on its side to fit?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Re: Brisket Saturday🐂😀👍🏻
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 03:22:20 PM »
I used a bread loaf pan to prop it up and used the grate handles to hold the flat in place.

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 04:34:50 PM »
I used a bread loaf pan to prop it up and used the grate handles to hold the flat in place.

Old picture but same concept. 

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 04:41:14 PM »
I can see wanting to keep the bread pan clean but what's the foil on the other end, for? To shield the flat from excess heat?

All looks grate BTW.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2018, 06:02:36 PM »
I can see wanting to keep the bread pan clean but what's the foil on the other end, for? To shield the flat from excess heat?

All looks grate BTW.
Yes.  Exactly.