Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: [can't win 'em all] dry, overcooked, too spicy spare ribs  (Read 833 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
[can't win 'em all] dry, overcooked, too spicy spare ribs
« on: September 22, 2017, 03:55:19 PM »
One full rack on a 22, snaked. Came in two sections, one normal looking and the rest about 6 inches long. Just over 2lbs in the package? Bend test looked good, but they were overdone/dry, not overdone/soft.

I let it go 6 hours while I mowed the lawn. Too long. Along the way, it was slow to start and midway just about petered out. Probably cooked half the time at 200 or below. Finished the last hour at more like 300 however, because I added charcoal to fatten the snake. No water, but for the last 2 hour it had a full can of beans in an 8" CI pan in the basement.

Dry brined the night before, and used Tatonka Dust that was a little too clumpy this morning. Too much spice, too much salt.

I can afford to ruin $1.59/lb meat.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch