Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pork ribs  (Read 2232 times)

foshizzle

• WKC Brave
Re: Pork ribs
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2017, 01:29:11 PM »
Sounds like a smoke issue to me. My family has some issues with not liking certain types of wood flavors and also certain brands of lump charcoal like Royal Oak, which I liked. I would suggest doing a cook with no smoke and see how they like it and go from there. If you're using lump charcoal try something different. They may be liking your fast cook better since there's probably not as much smoke getting adsorbed compared to the slow cook so that may not matter.  Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

LabRat

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2017, 02:17:25 PM »
Definite smoke issue on my part - will try only charcoal on the next cook to see how it goes.
John
In SE PA....On the wrong side of the MasonDixon line

ellatino210

• Smokey Joe
    • THE LATIN DEATHDROP
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2017, 10:50:04 AM »
Hey @Joetee, unless I'm not reading things right, you really don't specify why they don't like the ribs other than the taste of the meat.  If its an issue with tenderness or too much smoke, then maybe you should smoke the ribs for an hour, then wrap the ribs in foil for the rest of the time but before you wrap, spray apple cider vinegar and olive oil so they don't dry out.  If that doesn't help tell the Mrs and MIL to go to Chili's. 
A TODA MADRE O UN DESMADRE

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2017, 12:15:30 PM »
Some folks just don't dig the smoke flavor. Try the fruit woods. Milder flavor. If you can get your hands on sugar maple... that friggin rocks!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.