Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: West Coast WKC Picnic (Northern California) 6/24/17  (Read 15711 times)

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Re: West Coast WKC Picnic (Northern California) 6/24/17
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2017, 12:58:59 PM »
Hey @Cellar2ful can we cook on propane with a L2 alert?
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Cellar2ful

« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2017, 02:45:40 PM »

@dazzo  @argentflame  @pbe gummi bear  @Heyjude  @varekai  @JordanW

I just called and spoke with EBMUD.  Looks like everything should be fine for this Saturday. The predicted temperature for San Pablo on Saturday is 79 degrees.  They are currently at a Level 1 fire alert with this heat spell.  No smoking (cigarettes or ganja) within the park.  Charcoal BBQing is not restricted at this time.  If the local Fire Department raises the fire danger to a level 2, then charcoal BBQing will be restricted.  I will check back with them on Thursday and Friday to make sure we are good.  If it looks like a Level 2 is going to be in effect, we can have a show and shine with the kettles and bring the food pre-cooked.  Pretty much all we can do if it happens.  No matter what, the beer and wine will be cold, food great, kettles in their glory and plenty of food to go around.

Because of it's close proximity to the Bay, it is much cooler in San Pablo.  Only 78 there today now. Here is a link for the temperatures in San Pablo.

*"Spare the Air" alerts do not currently apply to charcoal BBQ's. Per CARB (California Air Resources Board) charcoal BBQing restrictions will be included within the next few years in Spare the Air days.

https://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=San+Pablo%2C+CA&MR=1
Hey @Cellar2ful can we cook on propane with a L2 alert?

Just talked with the Park Headquarters again.  Understandably, they are reluctant to say what the restrictions might be for Saturday. There is a forecast of possible "Red Flag" fire danger on Wednesday and Thursday due to high winds combined with this oppressive heat.  They are going to call me Wednesday or Thursday and give me an update.  I have everyone's phone numbers and emails that have signed up on this thread. I will let you all know as soon as I hear something back. 

To answer your question Gummi, if there is a Level 2 restriction in place, it may be possible for us to use propane BBQ's. To early for them to make any decisions though.

Anyone planning on coming that has not signed up here, please do so I can notify you of any restrictions or cancellations.  @austin87

« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 05:56:29 PM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2017, 02:54:10 PM »
Ok sounds good. We'll make the most of it.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2017, 06:34:24 PM »
Your work is "Adulting?"

I don't know what that is, but all sorts of things come to mind.
money got tight, so fun stuff gets put on hold for now

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2017, 08:51:34 PM »

*"Spare the Air" alerts do not currently apply to charcoal BBQ's. Per CARB (California Air Resources Board) charcoal BBQing restrictions will be included within the next few years in Spare the Air days.

'xcuse my French, but fuck that!!!!

I'm moving off the planet if this happens..... :o 8)

I'd like to be there, but some family stuff may intervene....
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2017, 11:39:23 PM »
I'll be there.

1-Cellar2ful +1  -  Cooked on site - sausage stuffed mushrooms appetizer,  apple wood smoked salmon main       cold salad - apple coleslaw
2-argentflame   -  Grilled pork skewers and yams
3-liquidocelot maybe +1or- cooked on site , side dishes and finger foods , poppers , beans, corn on the cob, potatoes, and what ever else I can think of in the mean time (suggestions welcome)
4- dazzo+little bro - tritip w/ SM attachment. Garlic Bread Pizza (because we can)
5- Varekai +1 - brisket sliders  (finished on site)
6- JordanW +1 - red pepper bites, chipotle chicken thighs, pasta salad (cold)
7- Gummi- Turds and grilled plantains.

Argentflame +6

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2017, 12:43:49 PM »
@1buckie   That could be great news   ...   all of those cherry yellow, blue, lime colored charcoal kettles may start to pop up on CL for very good prices :)

On the other hand, ya might have to restrict your usage of KBB ...

SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

Cellar2ful

« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2017, 02:10:21 PM »

Kettle karma is strong! We are good to go for charcoal BBqing this Saturday. Park District HQ just called and said there will be no restrictions on charcoal use for Saturday. I will have a propane torch available for starting charcoal.  Weather service has predicted a cool down for the area.  Forecast high for the San Pablo Dam area is around 80 degrees for Saturday. I am planning on being there to start setting up around 10 AM.  See you all there. 

NOTE: - LOCATION: San Pablo Dam Reservoir (7301 San Pablo Dam Road, El Sobrante)  Picnic site #5 
*There are two entrances to this reservoir.  Do not enter the one with the sign for boat launching.  That is at the wrong end of the lake and does not access the picnic area.  The park charges $7 for entry per car. Even if you did not sign up and find yourself with some free time on Saturday, stop by to say hi, have a drink and a bite.

@argentflame   @JordanW  @dazzo  @varekai   @pbe gummi bear  @Heyjude

@SavageSam @thinkblue @RSHU  @Mr.Smoke @1buckie @mundial14 @smokster @kob @vancejackson @Dtrouty  @austin87 @dazzo @Troy @Heyjude @Baysidebob @Bay otter @Josh G @Dan in SC Ca @LiquidOcelot  @R1bEye! @Mike in Roseville @the Tamale Kid @Hybridtwin77

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2017, 02:26:13 PM »
Wish I lived in Cali. Have fun fellas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2017, 05:41:19 PM »
Have a great and highly enjoyable meetup, really  ...  how could you not :)

SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

SavageSam

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2017, 12:20:09 PM »
As much fun as this sounds, I won't be there. We have a few family BBQ's to be at on saturday!

have fun!

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2017, 04:21:09 PM »
Have a great day guys! Really wish I could attend.

JordanW

• WKC Brave
    • Instagram - @bigtroublebbq
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2017, 06:24:06 AM »
Let's do this!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Chilebrown

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2017, 07:53:22 PM »
I just found out about the picnic too late on Facebook. I will take blame for not checking WKC website more often but maybe next time an e-mail alert or event announcement on FB would be nice. I wanted to share recipes and latest Weber Goodies. Next time.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2017, 08:35:33 PM »

Great time today meeting up with some WKC members, their families and friends. With the unbearable 100 degree temperatures we have had for a solid week, we were blessed with fantastic weather today for the picnic.   80 degrees and a nice breeze. 

After a bit of socializing, we got down to the serious business.

And finally, the new, 2017 WKC Banner revealed today at the West Coast Picnic.

What a great day!