Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: West Coast WKC Picnic (Northern California) 6/24/17  (Read 15576 times)

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
Re: West Coast WKC Picnic (Northern California) 6/24/17
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2017, 08:04:55 PM »
bacon strips and bacon strips and bacon strips and bacon strips and bacon strips and bacon strips

Cellar2ful

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2017, 09:06:32 PM »
@Cellar2ful , Dammit Jim! Did you even check an event calendar of the surrounding area to make sure there was nothing else of interest going on??  WELL, DID YOU?!  I didn't think so... Because the Monterey Bacon Festival is the same day as our Meat up!  all in fun bud.. Who knew?

Crap! Thanks Darin, now I'm in trouble with Karen for making her miss the Bacon Festival.  We would probably have gone to it. Maybe next year.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2017, 04:15:59 AM »
Would a move to the Monterey area be a bad idea then?
I'm in Antioch and Monterey is a 2 hour drive. San Pablo res is already an hour plus for the Sacramento guys.

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2017, 06:09:15 AM »
So, should we just add bacon to everything?

Sent from my Rotary Phone via 14.4kb/s

Dude, relax your chicken.

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2017, 04:55:35 PM »
Wish I could make it to one of these meet ups, but that's my brothers 40th bday.

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2017, 05:07:40 PM »
Wish I could make it to one of these meet ups, but that's my brothers 40th bday.
does he like good food , bring him

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2017, 05:34:41 PM »
does he like good food , bring him

He's already signed up for a Metalcloak Jeep event that day which I might go to.

JordanW

• WKC Brave
    • Instagram - @bigtroublebbq
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2017, 06:55:51 AM »
I like @dazzo 's idea. Let's just add bacon to the menu...

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2017, 09:11:03 PM »
I'll be there.

1-Cellar2ful +1  -  Cooked on site - sausage stuffed mushrooms appetizer,  apple wood smoked salmon main       cold salad - apple coleslaw
2-argentflame   -  Grilled pork skewers and yams
3-liquidocelot maybe +1or- cooked on site , side dishes and finger foods , poppers , beans, corn on the cob, potatoes, and what ever else I can think of in the mean time (suggestions welcome)
4- dazzo+little bro - tritip w/ SM attachment. Garlic Bread Pizza (because we can)
5- Varekai +1 - brisket sliders  (finished on site)
6- JordanW +1 - red pepper bites, chipotle chicken thighs, pasta salad (cold)
7- Gummi- Turds and grilled plantains.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Cellar2ful

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2017, 12:07:56 PM »
I was at Costco this morning and they had these. They must have know I needed plates for the WKC picnic. It was awful nice of them to print these up for us..................

It is 2 weeks away now. If your planning on attending, please copy, paste and add your name and cook to the list.

1-Cellar2ful +1  -  Cooked on site - sausage stuffed mushrooms appetizer,  apple wood smoked salmon main       cold salad - apple coleslaw
2-argentflame   -  Grilled pork skewers and yams
3-liquidocelot maybe +1or- cooked on site , side dishes and finger foods , poppers , beans, corn on the cob, potatoes, and what ever else I can think of in the mean time (suggestions welcome)
4- dazzo+little bro - tritip w/ SM attachment. Garlic Bread Pizza (because we can)
5- Varekai +1 - brisket sliders  (finished on site)
6- JordanW +1 - red pepper bites, chipotle chicken thighs, pasta salad (cold)
7- Gummi- Turds and grilled plantains.

@SavageSam @thinkblue @RSHU @JordanW  @Mr.Smoke @1buckie @mundial14 @smokster @kob @vancejackson @Dtrouty @argentflame @Shaun @pbe gummi bear @varekai @austin87 @dazzo @Troy @Heyjude @Baysidebob @Bay otter @Josh G @Dan in SC Ca @LiquidOcelot  @R1bEye! @Mike in Roseville @the Tamale Kid @Hybridtwin77
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 08:59:14 PM by Cellar2ful »

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2017, 12:18:39 PM »
Nice! Wish I could get up there for this one, but I cannot. *sniffle*

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2017, 04:06:37 PM »
well shit guys I'm not gonna be able to make it out. Adulting got in the way and I'm gonna have to work. sorry fellas was looking forward to it too

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2017, 11:05:13 PM »
Your work is "Adulting?"

I don't know what that is, but all sorts of things come to mind.

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2017, 06:25:15 AM »
Hey Jim, with the current heat wave continuing to the weekend, are they gonna let us burn at the park?

And by burn I mean charcoal/lump

@Cellar2ful

Sent from my Rotary Phone via 14.4kb/s

Dude, relax your chicken.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2017, 12:06:48 PM »

@dazzo  @argentflame  @pbe gummi bear  @Heyjude  @varekai  @JordanW

I just called and spoke with EBMUD.  Looks like everything should be fine for this Saturday. The predicted temperature for San Pablo on Saturday is 79 degrees.  They are currently at a Level 1 fire alert with this heat spell.  No smoking (cigarettes or ganja) within the park.  Charcoal BBQing is not restricted at this time.  If the local Fire Department raises the fire danger to a level 2, then charcoal BBQing will be restricted.  I will check back with them on Thursday and Friday to make sure we are good.  If it looks like a Level 2 is going to be in effect, we can have a show and shine with the kettles and bring the food pre-cooked.  Pretty much all we can do if it happens.  No matter what, the beer and wine will be cold, food great, kettles in their glory and plenty of food to go around.

Because of it's close proximity to the Bay, it is much cooler in San Pablo.  Only 78 there today now. Here is a link for the temperatures in San Pablo.

*"Spare the Air" alerts do not currently apply to charcoal BBQ's. Per CARB (California Air Resources Board) charcoal BBQing restrictions will be included within the next few years in Spare the Air days.

https://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=San+Pablo%2C+CA&MR=1