Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Reverse Sear Gorgonzola/ Roasted Red Pepper /Pepperoncini Stuffed Ribeye  (Read 955 times)

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
First make a horizontal cut in the Ribeye creating a pocket to add all our fixins.

Chop up some roasted red peppers and pepperoncini and add your favorite seasoning.  I used Montreal seasoning, you can use whatever you like.

Stuff it with that yummy gorgonzola and then add the peppers.

A couple of wooden skewers to seal the pocket.  It’s a good idea to soak the skewers in water for a bit so they’re less likely to burn when we sear the steaks.
After sealing the pocket a rub with EVOO and then Montreal Steak Seasoninng.

A full chimney of coals into the charcoal basket on one side of the kettle with a chunk of pecan for smoke.  Next place the steak on the other side of the kettle  for indirect cooking.  It will absorb some nice smoke flavoring and slowly climb internal temps.

Once the steak hits an internal of 110, place it directly over the coals for about a minute on each side, enough to produce some nice hash marks

Talk about a flavor packed steak.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 02:23:29 AM by captjoe06 »
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Talk about packed with flavor. Literally!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WNC

• WKC Performer
Awesome!
Saw the video on Instagram, glad to get the details, looks incredible!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

order66

• WKC Brave
Looks tasty Joe.
-JDP
| 22.5 Master Touch |22.5 OTG |Pit Barrel Cooker| U-Lime SJS | Kettle Pizza| Akorn Jr. | Big Green Egg | Jumbo Joe | Blackstone Griddle | Pit Boss Classic |

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Amazing. Nice one.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Darko

• WKC Performer
Wow!  Simple & tasty. Great job Joe.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
That is hard to beat!!!!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

KCJayhawk69

• Happy Cooker
Wow that looks great !
The further a society drifts from the truth , the more it will hate those that speak it......