Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Ribeye, tater, stuffed mushroom on a cold night  (Read 2091 times)

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Ribeye, tater, stuffed mushroom on a cold night
« on: December 15, 2016, 05:50:20 PM »
Haven't posted a cook for a minute, so thought I would.
Guys, before I start let me tell you my beautiful angels are driving me f$&kin nuts tonight! I'd rather be outside in the quiet cold than listen to these two argue. [emoji30][emoji30] So I did. "I'll be outside"! Two girls enter, one girl leaves, kind of night.
Momma is at work. We left dance class. They wanted Subway... ok.. I want steak. No problem. We do both.
Ok. You get the picture. We have all been here. My turn tonight. Found a beautiful ribeye at the store along with stuffed mushroom. I had an extra tater at home and a bottle of Cabernet.
Here we go boys, all cooked on the gen 3 performer

Tater was cooked on the "upper deck", thanks @Troy now I can only think of the upper decker [emoji23]

Offset lid for serious heat

Ready to go. Happy to report that both daughters made it. The bottle of Cab didn't. Lucky I love them little shits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 06:14:50 PM by Travis »

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Ribeye, tater, stuffed mushroom on a cold night
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 06:12:46 PM »
Good looking plate there Travis! House full of girls, yikes!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 06:15:06 PM »
Perfect Zen like way to spend an evening no matter what the weather is.  Ribeye is my fave.  Great cook!  Mushrooms look awesome!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 06:22:28 PM »
I love night time coal pictures. The wife and daughter in my house have me wanting to be outside a lot lol. What is going on with the basket?  Looks like you have something between it and the bowl

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 06:34:02 PM »
@HoosierKettle
That is the grillaque. I received it for a Christmas gift a few years back. It's basically the slow n Sear without the part that holds the coals. After joining here and learning about the sns' I took apart some old baskets and lay them like that. It keeps the coals away from the bowl. I've already got crazing happening on that bowl and it's only 3 years old. It's just my go to daily cooker.
I may not be making the best sense right now.. you know what I mean. [emoji482]

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 06:45:03 PM »
Looks great! Stay strong brother!
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2016, 07:58:04 PM »
Last plated pic looks great! I love a good steak dinner just like how you have it done.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2016, 08:20:28 PM »
That's  a nice lookin' hunk o' meat there Travis. Nice meal. If you were closer, I'd have been knocking on your door.

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2016, 05:02:47 AM »
Looks great Travis.  How old are your girls?  Mine are 1&3 and the battles between them have already started.
Wanted: Burgundy 18"

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2016, 06:10:57 AM »
Nice lookin cook there Travis.
I have 2 girls myself. 8 and 10. People look at me like I'm nuts when I grill in the winter. If they could hear what is going on in my house they would want to be outside too.
Shoestringshop hit the nail on the head with his little kettle named "Seeking Sanity". 🍻😊

searching for 2 18" straight lip twist ash pans.

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2016, 08:03:06 AM »
Great cook and funny write up!  Glad you just killed the cab last night....and the steak!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2016, 09:39:22 AM »
1 fine looking steak + lots of estrogen = 1 wiped out bottle of cab. Glad you made it thru bro. Fine looking plate!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2016, 09:52:49 AM »
Thanks fella's. @Neil_VT100 my girls are 5 and 9, and man can they go back and forth!! All good though. Wouldn't have it any other way!

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2016, 08:11:56 PM »
 I'm so glad I had boys. They're 25 & 22 now. They just cost me a lot in meat. Now, my brother had 2 girls, 21 & 19 now.  1 bottle of cab doesn't cut it. I'm glad I'm not him!!!! Hell, I'm glad I won't be you in 10yrs..  At least it was a good steak!!! ;D ;D 8) :P

I hope I helped!!!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2016, 04:22:28 AM »
@Darko I was really praying that these two would be homely as tree bark till they're about 30, but I didn't get that lucky. They're pretty damn cute.. [emoji30][emoji29] I'll be hated and more than likely in jail within the next 10 years. Wish me luck! [emoji41]