Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Both an exciting opportunity and a scary as f#%K thing to do!... UPDATE  (Read 4893 times)

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
Re: Both an exciting opportunity and a scary as f#%K thing to do!
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2016, 07:54:30 AM »
🐓🐃🐖  sending positive vibes! 🐷🐮🐔

Hell yes, just have fun! If it's not fun it's a job and who wants a job on a day off? ... not this guy!
Have a great time
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2016, 01:00:43 PM »
Well, the cook was awesome!!  Thanks to all you guys for having my back! I didn't get near the pics that I wanted too, it all just seems to go so fast..lol.  But i did get a couple and I'm hoping to get some from some of the attendees. I used to laugh about you guys trying to decide what color to use but its TRUE, LOL, I went back and forth for a bit and ended up taking one of my red heads for the rotisserie and my blue for the santa maria style. Will post more info and pics later... but mostly just wanted to say thanks for all the positive vibes!!!  YOU GUYS ROCK!!!
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2016, 01:02:29 PM »
Figured it would go well @varekai. Glad it turned out well and it sounds like you had a great time with the family.

Crimson Performer Platinum "AH", Red MT "P", Red Mist SSP "EZ", Faded Black "A", Black OTG "DE".
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

varekai

• WKC Ranger
Re: Both an exciting opportunity and a scary as f#%K thing to do!... UPDATE
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2016, 07:32:40 PM »
I am SOOO bummed about my lack of pictures... From the moment I got there it was a blur. My moms husband stayed home from the parade to "help" me. I've learned to do A LOT of stuff by myself because I plan for the majority of situations I get put into, there is no help. And I really just wanted to kick back and watch this cook take its course. So in the following album, I did finally pick 2 kettles to take, loaded those in my truck along with necessary equipment. I got my kettles set up and thats where it went to hell.. NOT the food but my wanting to chill and just go zen and do my thang. He was always there asking "what are you doing now" "wanna start this next" "why are you doing it that way"...I love the guy but I wish he would LEAVE ME ALONE!...LOL.  Got the chicken on the roti, I'm hoping 1 of my kids comes up with a pic,  got the tri tip on, then he comes out with sausage, "oh, I forgot we had these"... I'll fit em in. ALL IN ALL, had a GREAT time and hope to do it again!!  Now, the last few pics are a hack I came up with. The Sunbeam roti I bought came with a "bearing" to spin on opposite the motor side. I really wanted to monitor the chicken without constantly removing the lid and stopping the motor to temp check. Being that the bearing is round and the spit is square there is a gap.. I wondered if there was enough room for the wire to fit?..THERE WAS! So I thread it through and was able to stab a chicken breast and the mount the transmitter to the handle with a bungie cord...VOILA! everything turned without wrapping and breaking!  and I know it looks like the wire is under the thumbscrew but at the cook it wasn't, the pic was actually the next day before doing the dishes. If more pics show up, I'll share but what you'll see is all I was able to get.
 https://www.flickr.com/photos/varekai/albums/72157671571046844/with/30136327491/
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2016, 08:14:52 PM »
Told ya the tri tips would fit

Looks great

Dude, relax your chicken.

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2016, 08:16:59 PM »
@dazzo , yes you did, and yes they did, barely!..lol   Thanks.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2016, 09:39:17 PM »
Man, I hear ya about "helpers". Oh well, they're intrigued. Glad it all came out, man! Food looks great. That's a beautiful set up you guys have out there. Looked like a big wood fire oven and another Santa Maria style grill. Beautiful! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2016, 04:37:21 AM »
When the helpers reach for the lid handle to "Check It Out"... I almost come unglued!!!  DO NOT LIFT THAT LID!!!!!.  They simply say.. Why not?  Cause I tell them the standard, If you're lookin, it ain't cookin'...   I point to the Maverick and tell them.... it will be done when its done....   

Some just don't get the fine art of the Q.... 

Nice Pics and looked like fun to me....

Jeff
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2016, 05:04:10 AM »
Nice cook, I liked seeing the SM in action and also liked the red/blue kettle combo. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2016, 05:23:58 AM »
Looks like you did a great job. Congrats on pulling it off, even with the "help" LOL.

blieb

• WKC Brave
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2016, 06:15:45 AM »
Nice work!  I try to appease spectators... but when I head over to check on things holding the maverick... They ALWAYS ask if it's beeping or if something is wrong... that's when they get the look.  I said I said I said BACK OFF!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Smokers:    WSM 22" | WSM 14.5"
Performers: Plum SS  | Red Fade SS