Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Too much food!  (Read 1853 times)

unometooo

• Smokey Joe
Too much food!
« on: October 01, 2016, 06:21:12 PM »
My problem is, I cook to much food for two people! I'm not complaining, I'm bragging lol! Tortilla crusted tilapia (buried under the shrimp), 1 lb or 21-30 shrimp, brats, red potatoes, and corn on the cob!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 03:43:26 AM by unometooo »

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Too much food!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 06:57:53 PM »
Looks like I need an invite!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schokibaerchen

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 03:08:17 AM »
The same here. My wife and I, just two people.
But it's not worth to fire a kettle or two for two people. So i make enough to take it to work the next two or three days :)
Best regards
Sascha

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Yendor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 12:09:22 PM »
Same here, we load up the grill to make sure we have some left overs for lunches.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 04:04:18 PM »

That's not a problem, that is smart cooking.  Just two in our household and other than steaks, I always cook extra to be used for sandwiches or for a second nights dinner. Actually having leftover apple wood smoked meatloaf tonight.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 06:09:20 PM »
Nothing wrong with leftovers. Quick meal, easy cleanup and not wasting food.

Crimson Performer Platinum "AH", Red MT "P", Red Mist SSP "EZ", Faded Black "A", Black OTG "DE".
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Baysidebob

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2016, 06:43:53 PM »
Same here.  Just us 2 and a pile of food.  Adult daughter and adult grandkids get loaded down.  Anything left goes to neighbors.

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2016, 11:22:05 AM »
I always cook lots of extra food in order to have leftovers to take to work, or for the next night's supper and free up the time I'd spend cooking for other use.  This also helps me get back some economies of scale when I'm buying food.  Since it's just me now, buying food in single portions would be insanely expensive which is why I prefer to make several meals at once and get better unit prices,  and it also means I'm eating solid lunches at work instead of sandwiches and snacking on junk food the rest of the day.

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2016, 11:28:30 AM »
Actually, my step grandmother who gave me my first Weber as a housewarming present and I have talked about this a couple of times since she's on her own as well since grandpa passed away a couple of years ago and she's been having a bit more difficult of a time scaling back her cooking for only one person since she's also retired which means lunches for work aren't a consideration.  She doesn't fire up her blue kettle that often anymore and only uses it when she has guests over.