Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Hot and fast ribs again  (Read 12675 times)

Darko

• WKC Performer
Re: Hot and fast ribs again
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2016, 04:46:57 AM »
Tweezers & patience!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2016, 07:27:08 AM »
Tweezers & patience!

HAHA!!!!!  and maybe a microscope!!!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2016, 03:16:57 AM »
Just grab a handful and lick it! The sugar will resolve the quickest. Then you can scrape rest back in the jar..[emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2016, 10:49:58 PM »
Just grab a handful and lick it! The sugar will resolve the quickest. Then you can scrape rest back in the jar..[emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2016, 04:59:30 AM »
I've been grilling my ribs hot fast for years.  I always felt guilty but this thread gives me justification.  I've never wrapped them either but will do that on my next cook.  They always turn out tasty and the family loves them but I know they could be better.  To be honest, I haven't tried the slow cooking / wrap method yet but is very next on the to do list.  This quick method is great for through the week cooks and if your a poor planner like me.

I heard someone mention fast cooking butts in 4.5 hours.  I have done this and it doesn't work good at all in my opinion.  Low and slow is the only way I'll do a butt.  I've tried fast cooking them a few times and they never become tender enough to pull apart.  Also, something about fast cooking a butt makes them have a cooked barnyard flavor for lack of a better description.  Ribs no problem though.  They always taste great with smoke and heat applied fast or slow.