Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Dinner On A 97' Red  (Read 1289 times)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Dinner On A 97' Red
« on: July 07, 2016, 08:08:30 AM »
I don't often cook with gas......but when I do it is on a 1997 Weber Genesis found by L.B. and outfitted with cedar slats before he sold it to me:

For dinner last night - chipotle chicken, mushrooms, Hasselback potatoes and the first zucchini from the garden:

Wheeling this baby out reminds me of a grand old Cadillac....just a whole bunch of class and beauty:

"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
Re: Dinner On A 97' Red
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 08:17:00 AM »
Trying to make up for the Meatapalooza you and I participated in last Friday ?!?!?? ….

A fine looking gasser, and a delicious looking plate-up.  :D 8)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 08:22:08 AM »
Trying to make up for the Meatapalooza you and I participated in last Friday ?!?!?? ….

Yes.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 12:43:39 AM »
Hoss, it all looks lip smackin' good to me.  ;D
drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 02:13:51 AM »
I knew that would go to a great home when she went home to you
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 08:00:36 AM »
Looks great @MrHoss !  I like what you did with slicing the potatoes so they would cook better.  Did you just slice them then cook them, or did you slice then get some butter in the cracks before cooking?
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2016, 08:44:02 AM »
Did you just slice them then cook them, or did you slice then get some butter in the cracks before cooking?

Done these a few times now. The slice is not all the way through the potato.....otherwise they'd be all over the place....and getting them on the skewer would be a pain in the arse. I use a olive oil/Mrs Dash blend on the taters at the start and partway through when the cooking opens the taters up a bit....a little bit of Parmesan near the end.

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2016, 08:56:54 AM »
Great looking cook and gasser!  I really like the alternating thickness on the cedar slats.
Wanted: Burgundy 18"