Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Recipe of the Week! Grilled shrimp and poblano romesco  (Read 1207 times)

austin87

• WKC Ranger
I recently moved and started a new job, so I went on a bit of a hiatus. I've been cooking a bit, but it's really just been to get food on the table after a long day. Took some time on the weekend to do this recent Weber recipe of the week. It's actually the second time we've done it and it's awesome.

http://www.weber.com/recipes/starters/spicy-shrimp-with-charred-poblano-romesco

We made just a few changes:
  • 3 poblanos instead of 2, the sauce is killer you will want more! we eyeballed the rest to make about a 1.5x recipe
  • recipe calls for 1 raw jalapeņo, we used 3 (2 charred, 1 raw)
  • 5 cloves garlic
  • juice of 1 whole lemon

I charred some eggplants for some baba ganoush that I'm taking to my parents' house for an appetizer, and also grilled some eggplant slices to go with dinner.

Here goes!

After charring the eggplant needs to continue cooking indirect. The tomato had the top cut off and the core cut out, drizzled with some olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper. Leave the bottom on so the stuff inside doesn't run out the bottom, and cook until very tender.

After the peppers are charred they go in a bowl covered w/ clingfilm or foil to steam for 10-15 minutes. Makes it a breeze to scrape off the skins.

Hey, I actually toasted some almonds without burning them and having to start all over!

All the goodies for the romesco in the blender

Shrimps!

All plated

I'll add a couple pics of the baba ganoush later, right now it's in the fridge but doesn't look good until it's got the parsley and olive oil drizzled over the top.

Thanks for looking!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 09:17:53 AM by austin87 »

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
Re: Weber Recipe of the Week! Grilled shrimp and poblano romesco
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 09:32:40 AM »
Nice meal!  Looks tasty.
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 10:10:42 AM »
Wow! Healthy as well! Definitely going to do this. Tfs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 06:07:47 AM »
I really like the looks of all of this.  Thanks for the simple breakdown and pics !!  My SO would approve.

Perhaps @MrHoss will consider adding it to his Healthy Hoss cookbook regiment.  :D ;)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 09:54:14 AM »
Looks real good!