Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Bbq Bologna  (Read 1460 times)

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Bbq Bologna
« on: May 16, 2016, 12:04:49 PM »
I was doing yard chores today before the rain came in so I figured I would do some bbq Bologna.

The little EI code 18" got the call today. This is my daughters (she claimed it) grill and I tell ya, the more I use this little grill, the more I love it! It doesn't use too much coal, and is very responsive to air flow. It's our first rescue and quickly becoming a favorite.

I cross hatch scored the Bologna, going about a 1/4" deep top and bottom, then a quick mustard slather and application of my favorite "Killer Hogs" rub.

Put it out on the kettle and let it go around 325 for about 2 hrs. I checked on it the first hour. The 18" was holding steady.

Bout 1 1/2 hours in I sauced it with Famous Daves. Killer hogs would go better, but I'm out.

At around the two to two and a half hour mark I pulled it, and here is the final result.

Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 12:07:55 PM by Travis »

havachat

• Smokey Joe
Re: Bbq Bologna
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 12:55:24 PM »
I have done this before and it is great. In Australia we call it Devon or fritz and it's usually made from pork but is almost the same thing.

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 08:57:49 PM »
I'm sold ! Looks awesome

Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 05:02:01 AM »
Oh yeah! Looks great! It been a while since I cooked up a bologna. 8)

wyd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 07:06:49 AM »
Looks great.  Never though of doing BBQ Bologna before.  After seeing your cook I might have to try to make one.
Platinum Performer Kettle (In Blue), OTG (In Blue)
Genesis Gasser (In Blue), Smokey Joe (Uline Lime)
Looking to buy (18.5 blue or brownie and blue lantern)

Thomas Andrews

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 10:02:03 AM »
That looks spot on, Travis!  Just checked for that in uk stores and it's here but in a much smaller size and it's called 'Polony'. I'm going to give it a shot on Sunday thanks to your post.

Cheers!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 02:09:59 PM »
That looks spot on, Travis!  Just checked for that in uk stores and it's here but in a much smaller size and it's called 'Polony'. I'm going to give it a shot on Sunday thanks to your post.

Cheers!

You know what they call it here?  A chub... I can't go into my butcher shop and ask for a chub... "Excuse me sir, can you give me a chub please...😳

Thomas Andrews

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 02:22:44 PM »
Ha!😀

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 12:49:01 PM »
That looks great.  Have you ever considered then frying the leftovers (if there are any). 
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 01:42:39 PM »
That looks great.  Have you ever considered then frying the leftovers (if there are any).
No, but I love fried bologna. Sounds good.