Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Tuesday Cook - Chicken and Potatoes  (Read 939 times)

Jason

• WKC Ranger
Tuesday Cook - Chicken and Potatoes
« on: May 11, 2016, 07:00:09 PM »
I made this last night, but didn’t have time to post it up, until now. I was looking forward to this cook all day and couldn’t get home fast enough!

A 10” Lodge skillet was the call for some cubed up red potatoes. I used a mix of crushed herbs, granulated garlic, granulated onion, kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper, with EVOO drizzled on top. I also squeezed the juice of ˝ of a lemon in the pan too.

The carrots were mostly just roasted over the fire, until they were tender, but got rolled around in the skillet for extra flavor a couple times.

The asparagus got granulated garlic, kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper, with EVOO drizzled on top.

Before I went to work, I put a 5.5lb whole chicken in a basic brine and let it soak for about 6 hours. I drained off all of the liquid and got it ready to put on the rotisserie. I also added a light dusting of Weber “Beer Can Chicken” seasoning, to the outside of the bird. The rotisserie was fired with a full, split chimney of KBB.

I used a 2:1 mix of RO Lump to Stubb’s briquettes, on the grill cooking the veggies, and I could really taste the flavor of the lump charcoal, in the potatoes, and it was good!

Jon

• WKC Ranger
Re: Tuesday Cook - Chicken and Potatoes
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 07:34:06 PM »
That is a good lookin' meal. Good job.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Tuesday Cook - Chicken and Potatoes
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 04:28:46 AM »
Man o man, that looks like it was a fun cook! I love the pic of your ssp's. The green one looks like a stretched frame in that shot. [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 04:41:17 AM by Travis »

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 12:00:55 PM »
Nice looking plate.  Great cook!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 12:02:28 PM »
Dammm that looks good!!
May The Smoke Be With You!