Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First dizzy chicken  (Read 997 times)

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
First dizzy chicken
« on: April 14, 2016, 01:35:55 PM »
Finally got a nice day here, suns out, no rain, and pretty much no wind. Took a 5.5 lb chicken out on Monday and it was defrosted by this morning.
I am overly impressed with the quality of the Cajun Bandit Rotisserie kit. They used some heavy gauge SS.
On to the cook.

Stuffed it with lemon wedges, basil and dill, that's all I had fresh at the house. Hope it turns out good.

45 minutes in, cooking at about 375. Used 2/3 of a chimney of KBB, bottom vent is almost 100% closed.

Will update when finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
Re: First dizzy chicken
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 02:52:46 PM »
Finished.

I need to improve my carving skills

It was the juiciest chicken I have ever eaten. The lemon basil and dill didn't really do anything. I will do my next one with an empty cavity.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 02:58:40 PM »
Looks really good @iCARRY!!!  What temp(s) did you pull it off at?  I'm curious because I tend to let my breast meat go a little longer than usual when I use my roto so the dark meat will be cooked enough.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 03:04:54 PM »
It was 170. Took longer then I thought. About 90 minutes on the grill.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 04:17:38 PM »
Very nice. I shoot for those it's as well.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 05:38:06 AM »
Wow that does look really juicy!

2/3 chimney of Kingsford, intakes nearly closed, run until 170 in the breast. Got it!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch