Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Wok Nachos  (Read 2968 times)

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
Wok Nachos
« on: April 11, 2016, 06:54:50 AM »
I smoked up a pork butt on the WSM earlier in the week ,we decided to use up the leftovers for Pulled Pork Nachos

I warmed up 2 bags of Tortilla chips on the kettle

First a layer of refried beans
Then a layer of Pulled Pork

Next the cheese, green onions, cilantro and black olives

After the cheese melted we topped with lettuce , tomato , green onion, cilantro , guacamole, sour cream and salsa

Feeds 6-10
Here's your plate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 07:21:57 AM by Idahawk »
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: Wok Nachos
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 07:03:41 AM »
Wow!  That looks amazing.  I've thought of using my wok for some breakfast dishes but would have never thought about nachos.  I like it!  I like it a lot!  And I'm thinking you could use the vortex as a stand for the wok once it comes off of the grill.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

RumBar

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 07:55:52 AM »
Fantastic idea for the nachos. They look great!

●|||||||●

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 08:02:29 AM »

Wow!  That looks amazing.  I've thought of using my wok for some breakfast dishes but would have never thought about nachos.  I like it!  I like it a lot!  And I'm thinking you could use the vortex as a stand for the wok once it comes off of the grill.

The wok does sit semi flat on the table , but the vortex would make it stable , good idea !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 02:47:27 PM »
That's a great idea.  Definitely going to try that!

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 03:48:30 PM »
Nice!

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 04:27:44 PM »
Loving the wok technique. Great idea!  They look great!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2016, 06:42:23 PM »
What a great idea, that I am going to copy the first chance that I get. Those nachos look like damn good food.

Putting the wok on the Vortex is a good idea. But even more stable would be another kettle. Do you have an extra one of those around?

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2016, 07:15:02 PM »
Great idea. I really need to get a wok.

Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2016, 05:12:30 AM »
@Idahawk Great idea! Being a nacho junkie and a new owner of the 8412 wok, I think I might have to try this for the woks break in. How did you arrange your fire and what kind of heat were you trying to maintain?. I'm guessing your shooting for a low to medium just to melt everything together. They look great brother. Thx

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2016, 06:48:28 AM »

@Idahawk Great idea! Being a nacho junkie and a new owner of the 8412 wok, I think I might have to try this for the woks break in. How did you arrange your fire and what kind of heat were you trying to maintain?. I'm guessing your shooting for a low to medium just to melt everything together. They look great brother. Thx

Great question , I used a half chimney starter of charcoal and I arranged it in a circle around the outside edge of the wok as opposed to a pile in the center , I ran at about 250 degrees

jaynik

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2017, 09:02:52 AM »

Decided to give it a try today to break in my wok.  Need to get the temp dialed din for this but I'd say it went pretty well.  Great idea!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2017, 11:02:11 AM »

Decided to give it a try today to break in my wok.  Need to get the temp dialed din for this but I'd say it went pretty well.  Great idea!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
It doesn't take a lot of charcoal , 1/2 a chimney is plenty and put the coals around the outside edge of the wok as opposed to directly under the center ! Glad you liked the idea

SteveMBH

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2017, 01:57:54 PM »
I've had that wok for about 6 months now just haven't given it a try.   Probably will give this a try.  Nachos look great!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Bross1987

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2017, 02:57:51 PM »
Oh man that looks good!