Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Jerk chicken legs  (Read 1315 times)

austin87

• WKC Ranger
Jerk chicken legs
« on: March 31, 2016, 06:32:07 AM »
I've been searching for a good jerk recipe for a while and found this. It has great reviews on Amazon but was cheaper at MoHotta.

I threw some legs in a bag and mashed it a round to sit for 4 hours because I am an idiot and forgot to do it overnight. I started some sweet potatoes for about 15 minutes before putting the legs on. High indirect heat approx 425°, hickory chunks for smoke.

All plated up with some steamed broccoli squeezed with lemon and drizzled with olive oil.

I thought it was great! Not quite as spicy as I had hoped, but then again I am growing some 40 plants of superhot peppers 8) Overall the flavor was excellent and the meat was tender and juicy. For the price I will definitely keep going to it while messing around with making my own when my peppers start producing.

Thanks!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Jerk chicken legs
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 08:12:39 AM »
Looks incredible on those chik legs. My wife used to work with the guy who runs this place: http://www.yardicue.com

I'm no expert but like the hot sauce a LOT. Eating a tunafish sandwich as we speak with it mixed in. Have the jerk marinade too but haven't tried it.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 08:18:47 AM »
Lookin' good from here. Been way too long since I did me some Jerked Chicken......heck Jerked anything for that matter. If you'd have done the overnight thing I bet you would of gotten it hotter.....or used the green paste jarred rather than the red stuff. The green Scotch Bonnets are by far the hottest....then red then orange. For maximum flavor penetration I go with a dry rub for 3 days.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

dmbrill

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 08:33:16 AM »
Big fan of jerk chicken...will have to pick up a jar of this and see how it is.  Thanks!

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 11:00:37 PM »
I for one am a HUGE fan of Walkerswood...straight from the island and really really good stuff
drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER