Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Hash  (Read 1753 times)

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
Hash
« on: March 19, 2016, 09:47:38 AM »
The best part of making corned beef is the leftovers and with a beautiful spring morning I hit the patio to cook up some breakfast.

I pre roasted the potatoes a few days ago so I'll I had to do was chop some onion, red pepper and parsley.

I heated up the weber wok with a tablespoon of oil , to that I added the onion , red pepper and potatoes . After the onions and peppers cooked I tossed in the meat and hit the hash with some black pepper. Once a nice crust started I cracked some eggs on top and put some rye bread in to toast and covered the kettle .

Have a grate weekend !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

Saugust

• WKC Ranger
Re: Hash
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 09:52:54 AM »
Hash is the best! Grate use of the wok and those leftovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Growing family = growing kettles!

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 10:50:39 AM »
I'll take a plate of that.
Still need a 22” yellow

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 01:19:05 PM »
I love hash. Great wok dish.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 05:27:13 PM »
I SO need to do this! Amazing.

Now all I need is the wok, the other ingredients, and to wake up early.

NO PROBLEM
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 05:30:51 PM »
Danng. That looks so freaking delicious.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2016, 01:51:01 AM »
I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a play of that today! Awesome. I just bought that wok. Going to add your recipe to the " to-do" list. Thanks brother!!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2016, 08:35:11 AM »
@Idahawk -  How are you cleaning your wok.  I've cooked on mine once and it looks like its been used 100 times already!  Unfortunately since cooking chinese food is so new to me I didn't get any pics, but it turned out awesome.  Your hash looks crazy good!  I have some left over corned beef (well pastrami really) and might have to give this a try.  Adding the eggs....oh my goodness.....awesome X 10!!!!!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2016, 08:53:12 AM »
  The discoloration doesn't come off if that's what your referring to . I've been using hot water and a wooden scraper while the wok is still on the grill and hot , scrape off all the nuggets, allow to cool  and then hand wash with no soap and then I re-oil it . Although I'm not 100% sure on SS , I'd think it would build up seasoning with more and more use so I'm treating it like cast iron ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

SixZeroFour

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2016, 10:01:44 AM »
:droooooool:
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2016, 12:22:51 PM »
Magnifico!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2016, 04:20:12 PM »
Forgot to ask. Where did you get that Weber banner from? I'd love to have one hanging up in garage!