Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Cherry Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork  (Read 1586 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Cherry Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork
« on: February 15, 2016, 03:01:35 PM »
Recipe courtesy Jeff Phillips: http://www.smoking-meat.com/february-4-2016-cherry-dr-pepper-pulled-pork-for-super-bowl?awt_l=6uOaA&awt_m=J3kziLHTgP9lWb

Very straightforward recipe, although I didn't mustard my butt. I let the cola supply the stickum for the rub. My rub consisted of half "cocoa rub" from a friend, and half "The Squeal," http://www.thekansascitybbqstore.com/products/cowtown-the-squeal-hog-rub One is cocoa- mild and the other is more in-your-face spicy.

I've only done a few of these and this is the first one I did correctly and by that I mean it wasn't too dry and pulled apart easily. The difference for me was foil wrapping at 160 and taking it all the way to 205. Maybe the injection helped. As you can tell from the picture below and in Jeff's recipe, the wrap was a foil-covered foil tray, not foil wrapped all around it. I like it. Holds juices well for the home stretch. No water in the pan.

Fuel was a combination of K-Comp, K-Hickory, cherry chunks, K-Blue and lump. DON'T ASK.

Flavor: Incredible. Best evah!

It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

WNC

• WKC Performer
Re: Cherry Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 03:19:48 PM »
Dang, that looks delicious!
Way to persevere...

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 02:16:31 PM »
She's got the claws going!!  Great looking pulled pork!

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

Bustin Butt

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 02:59:46 PM »
Nice bark and claws. And we ain't talking about a dog. That there some good pull pork!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If it ain't smoked don't eat it!