Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First pizza cook on kettle  (Read 1386 times)

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
First pizza cook on kettle
« on: October 20, 2015, 06:48:41 PM »
Cooked pizza for the first time on my kettle.  My crust is thicker than most.  Me and my wife like it that way.  Not a fancy grill set up, but it worked.  Used premade pizza dough.  Made my own sauce.  Cut up my toppings.  Added cheese...viola!  Turned out great!  Lots of fun to do!

Check out the pics.

Ready to go on the grill.

My bizarre set up (worked OK!)

Ready to eat! Awesome!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Russell C.

• WKC Brave
Re: First pizza cook on kettle
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 07:28:47 PM »
Love the setup.  Get's the pie closer to that high dome heat.  Looks deeeelish!

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 07:37:56 PM »
Hey Russel C. you avatar rocks!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 08:50:54 PM »
My setup is about the same, I think it's one of the best until I end up with a kettle pizza. Your pie looks really good!

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 03:56:53 AM »
welcome to the pizza club!

Have you tried that set up without the bricks/stones on the bottom? You should already have some heat protection by raising your pan up on the charcoal holders especially if your coals are indirect around the outside edge of the kettle.
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 08:58:05 AM »
I used the bricks to set it up just a little higher.  The coals were on the back side (I used lump this time to get more heat) and the pie was shifted up front.  I'm thinking maybe the bricks may have interrupted some of the convection heat flow.  It was my first pizza.  There will be some more tweaks till I get it right.

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 02:43:35 PM »
Damn, now I'm really wanting some pizza! You're set up looks pretty simple, but ingenious too, nice cook!