Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Hickory Smoked Beef Ribs with Dizzy Pig Cow Lick Steak Rub  (Read 1702 times)

SixZeroFour

Hickory Smoked Beef Ribs with Dizzy Pig Cow Lick Steak Rub
« on: September 03, 2015, 05:34:18 PM »
I have made beef ribs on the rack a few times but this was my first go at pre-trimmed ribs. Thankfully between the help of a few members and some guidance from my friend @MrHoss they came out great! Hoss also supplied the rub via a care pack awhile back so I was glad to be able to test it out. My wife was a real big fan of these and loved the flavour the rub added. The container notes "Spicy Beef Seasoning" but we didn't really find it that spicy at all... Lots of black pepper, but it smelled great and was just perfect on the ribs. They had a dry-rib type flavour on the outside with nice tender meat underneath. Also cooked up some beans and another new fav on the grill - CI scalloped potatoes! This whole meal will definitely be making an encore performance and soon!

Thanks again Hoss 8)

The good stuff...

Here we are all setup in "Rain Mode" 8)

Hoss wisely advised me to add some moisture to the environment so in went the carrots and beef broth. Beans down low collecting the early juices.

Hope you enjoyed - we sure did!! ;)

« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 05:53:18 PM by SixZeroFour »
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Winz

• WKC Ranger
Re: Hickory Smoked Beef Ribs with Dizzy Pig Cow Lick Steak Rub
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 06:02:02 PM »
That right there is how it's done!  Great looking meal.
I am envious of your oval CI casserole pan.   Perfect for sides, or maybe cherry cobbler.
Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 06:24:37 PM »
Yessss!!!! Yeah that last shot is the bomb BABY!!! My mouth is watering right now.

The only real problem with that cook right there is not enough ribs.....cause they look so damn tasty I bet you ran out before you were satiated. I'm gonna have to do some beef ribs soon too.....luckily the grocery store I work at has em' on sale right now.

Glad you like that rub. I don't find it too spicy at all....I put it on every cut of beef that hits my grills these days. I make a good rub but this stuff is at least as good or better.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 06:59:31 PM »
Great looking smoke ring on those beef ribs.  Love the idea of potatoes au gratin on the grill.
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

Lumpy Coal

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 07:32:58 AM »
That looks awesome!  How long and what temp did you do the ribs?

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 12:44:23 PM »
Really nice looking cook up! All around some great looking ribs and sides.

BBQ Jack

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2015, 06:11:42 PM »
I got hungry just looking at these pics. The only thing missing is a pint of beer.

AcrossFromHoss

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 10:22:07 PM »
Awesome looking feast and great use of sides as the moisture element. Ill also be making these while they are on sale this week. Those look too good.
"Seeing pictures of a nice steak without viewing the middle is like seeing a nice pair of tits in a bra. You tease!!!!"
 22.5 black OTG kettle, 18.5 WSM, Jumbo Joe

Snowbeast

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2015, 10:25:29 PM »
Awesome cook! Will be trying this soon

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2015, 07:24:29 AM »
Great looking cook! And man, you gotta love all the real estate on the 26er. Again, great cook and post!