Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Attn Metro Atlanta Residents....National BBQ Cup...Cumming, GA Nov 20th -21st  (Read 6076 times)

Metal Mike

• WKC Ranger
    • The Best Podcast in the Universe
yokel prize: "Team that traveled the furthest  ...  $250"

I'll show passport & tell them I had to take my UDS through checked baggage...
...BOBBING FOR COALS IN MY KETTLE

JDLones

• WKC Brave
Hmm, I'll have to see what the the Thanksgiving plans are...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love the smell of wood smoke and cooking meat...
Weber OTG 22.5 and Jumbo Joe
Char-Broil Commercial Gasser

Uncle Al

• WKC Brave
Man!, I'm going to have to play it by ear for now.  That weekend will be competing for my time with my other addiction:  extreme Christmas lights.  I'll be running miles of cable on Saturday.  Friday might be an option.

Uncle Al

• WKC Brave
Hey, I was just thinking.  I have access to some very nice printing equipment.  Would the team have any need for signs/banners for the booth? 

Uncle JJ

• WKC Brave
Man, I can't wait for this event.  We'll see if we can validate our win at Pigs & Peaches - maybe it was beginner's luck.  This is a huge event, so competition should be tough!

@Uncle Al - I'll check with @reillyranch to see if he wants a banner.

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
30 day countdown. 

Can the Grillfellas get Grand Champion again?   

If you are around that weekend stop by our booth.  I'm sure there will be some great bbq, fantastic grills and some marginal characters hanging around.  And if it gets too cold maybe even some home made antifreeze to keep you warm. 

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
Can the Grillfellas get Grand Champion again?

I'm sure there will be some... fantastic grills... 

Yes, the Grillfellas can!

Already looking forward to the pics! 
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
This is one event I'd love to attend
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

Uncle JJ

• WKC Brave
@reillyranch - hope you bring some fire pits to this one - gonna be CHILLY!

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger

Hey WKC, the Atl bbq crew is going to need some help on Sat for our turn in.  We need a few runners to bring the food boxes to the judges.  You'll be compensated with some GC BBQ  (grand champion)!

So if any WKC'ers were planning on attending, we could use your help Sat morning about 8am.  Thanks Ed. (This is for the BBQ National Cup in Cumming Ga on 11/21)

jcnaz

• WKC Performer

Hey WKC, the Atl bbq crew is going to need some help on Sat for our turn in.  We need a few runners to bring the food boxes to the judges.  You'll be compensated with some GC BBQ  (grand champion)!

So if any WKC'ers were planning on attending, we could use your help Sat morning about 8am.  Thanks Ed. (This is for the BBQ National Cup in Cumming Ga on 11/21)
Dang, that would be fun! Only 1785 miles down the road. Probably can't get away with that...  ;)
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Have fun boys. Me I'd just like to get to help Harris move some of his Kettles and set them up. Holy crap would that be fun.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Uncle JJ

• WKC Brave
Well, sad to report that our team didn't not win a repeat.  Probably because @harris92 no-showed us!  Still, a good time was had by all.  Competition was stiff - bigtime event!  We got 10th in Ribs, 7th in Chicken, and 10th Overall.  Not a bad showing!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
@Uncle JJ - That isn't a bad showing at all.  Congrats.  You can't win'em all!

I was just checked the website hoping to see a ton of pics, how many people were entered, results, etc...and they don't have squat.  I hope you guys took a lot of pics!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!