Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pork chop suggestions for a somewhat noob  (Read 4996 times)

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
Re: Pork chop suggestions for a somewhat noob
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2015, 05:43:27 PM »
Agreed with outdated standards..new standards say that chicken cooked at lower temps is safe to eat...slightly pink...
Read an article which says reason y restaurants still cook to old standards is aesthetics...they will get too many complaints from avg customer about raw chicken being served
Grills

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2015, 09:54:00 PM »
It looks like some char on the edges.....I like that, but if anyone you're cooking for is not so hep to the flavor, back off the honey a little.....the sugar is what burns......same thing can happen with rubs even on a large piece......

If my guest don't like some rendered fat. Feck em'.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 10:01:28 PM by TheDude »
Still need a 22” yellow

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2015, 06:24:15 AM »
I down with some good char around the edges especially....... 8)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Maxmbob

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2015, 10:56:26 AM »
I was looking for something different a couple of weeks ago and ran across this recipe.  I really liked this one. I cooked them twice now.

http://www.yancancook.com/recipes/Backyard-BBQ/selected.php?CHOICE=glazed_grilled_pork_chop
WTB, Westerner, glen blue,

Vince

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2015, 11:52:32 AM »
I recently used a salad topper that had cherry, cranberry and pecan in it. I diced it up along with minced garlic, a finely chopped apple and brown sugar and browned it in a skillet with coconut oil, putting butter in it right before turning the fire off to avoid burning the butter. I used it as stuffing for some Costco top loin chops (they are thick and perfect for stuffing). Rubbed some thyme leaves, crushed rosemary, crushed black pepper and paprika on to the exterior. Then got the grill hot. Pulled the chops @135F. Came out super!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 12:06:58 PM by Vince »

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2015, 11:57:46 AM »
I was looking for something different a couple of weeks ago and ran across this recipe.  I really liked this one. I cooked them twice now.

http://www.yancancook.com/recipes/Backyard-BBQ/selected.php?CHOICE=glazed_grilled_pork_chop

Yeah !!!

Martin Yan......we have sort of a small fan club of his going right here !!!!

Have you seen how to Relax You Chicken?

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/grilling-bbqing/relax-your-chicken/msg153684/#msg153684

I recently used a salad topper that had cherry, cranberry and pecan in it. I diced it up along with minced garlic, finely chopped apples and brown sugar and browned it in a skillet with coconut oil, putting butter in it right before turning the fire off to avoid burning the butter. Mixed it into the chopped up salad topper and used it as stuffing for some Costco top loin chops. Rubbed some thyme leaves, crushed rosemary, crushed black pepper and paprika on to the exterior. Then got the grill hot. Pulled the chops @135F. Came out super!

There's another good one !!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"