Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Ribs Taters and Corn  (Read 2019 times)

jamesnomore

• WKC Ranger
Ribs Taters and Corn
« on: May 17, 2015, 06:20:51 AM »
Had a free Saturday so decided it was a good day for a tasty meal, ribs sounded great with some comfort food sides. I tried @mrbill corn method and had great success. Filled up my stock pot with water, dumped in about 1/3 -1/2 can of Old Bay and a 1/2 stick of butter. I brought it to a boil then set to low and left it like that for 2 hours, since ribs tool long I set to warm for an additional 30 min. Corn was amazing! I highly recommend trying this method. Gravy was pretty simple, mushrooms, beef broth, butter, flour, roasted garlic, fresh sage, rosemary, salt and pepper.

Ribs were rubbed with mustard first then a healthy dose of my rib rub, then straight to the grill after a 45 min rest on the counter. I was probably running 220-240 most of the way and couldn't say I'd do it different. Except for sauce, I was only supposed to sauce one rack but spaced out and sauced both of them. Whoopsies! Not a huge pull off the bones but that did not matter, these were perfect, just the right bite off the bone and a great spice and smoke flavor.

Thanks for looking

The snake is set with 3 chunks of apple and a stray chunk of mesquite

I like costco ribs, always trimmed nice and no membrane

Rubbed and ready

3 hour check and rotate

5 hours, I flipped them around and swapped sides, one end was obviously hotter but had zero effect on final outcome.

Corn and gravy ready to go

Beautiful

And plated, I had 2  ;D

WTB: Genesis Jr.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Ribs Taters and Corn
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 07:35:42 AM »
Excellent smoke up on those.......looks to be a "belly-up" kinda deal !!!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 12:00:22 PM »
Ribs look perfect! Excellent color, and smoke ring too, good show.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 12:32:25 PM »
I'm on my way for some ribs James.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 03:43:51 PM »
Great looking ribs! I'd like to make a mushroom gravy like that go on, oh, just about anything!

Saugust

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 05:48:15 PM »
Those ribs look killer. Dust wrap them at all? Just five hours straight? I wrapped some baby backs last time and they got a little too tender for my liking.
Growing family = growing kettles!

mrbill

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 08:08:39 AM »
glad you liked the stove method for corn.
Seeking New York Giants MT For A Price That Won't Break My Bank

jamesnomore

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 08:19:23 AM »
Those ribs look killer. Dust wrap them at all? Just five hours straight? I wrapped some baby backs last time and they got a little too tender for my liking.

@Saugust I did not wrap at all, just a heavy dose of rub on mustard before they went on and sauced for the last hour. These ribs were very thick and went 6 hours 30 minutes, I could've gone another 30 minutes but was hungry...
WTB: Genesis Jr.

Grizz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2015, 10:00:08 AM »
Beautiful looking ribs!

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2015, 09:05:37 PM »
 That's the way I like my ribs to look  ...  not saying they do  ...  just, that's the way I like my ribs to look.  I usually cook through to completion without sauce, but when my wife says she wants them sauced, then I do two racks  ...  hers & mine  ...   and I get sauced   ;)
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2015, 05:00:20 PM »
Those ribs look perfect!