Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: A picture is worth a thousand words  (Read 1313 times)

swamprb

• WKC Performer
A picture is worth a thousand words
« on: April 11, 2015, 03:55:48 PM »
This was from my first "big boy" competition. PNWBA Evergreen State BBQ Championship at Alki Beach in Seattle 2007. I was cooking solo as Midnight Ramblers BBQ.

Hard to see through the Caution tape, but this team had a lot going on with the kettles - notice the hillbilly ash cans on the OTS's? They had galvanized buckets set into the ash pans.

As for me, I did not finish last or last on the first page of results. Pork and Brisket tanked, but middle of the pack in Ribs & Chicken.

I did learn one valuable lesson that weekend - do not leave your Drum Smokers out with the lids off!

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: A picture is worth a thousand words
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 04:04:01 PM »
And some pictures are worth logging back in for.....

Hillbilly OTG's are pretty sweet, too !!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 04:14:04 PM »
I could see how a UDS could get confused with a trash can. Looks like fun hope you had a fine time.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 04:26:56 PM »
I could see how a UDS could get confused with a trash can. Looks like fun hope you had a fine time.

I did and was invited to be a team member of Smokin' Ty's BBQ who won the event and we went to the Jack Daniels in 2008!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!