Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Jerk Pork On The Mini  (Read 3176 times)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Jerk Pork On The Mini
« on: March 07, 2015, 05:52:33 AM »
Pork butt is on sale for 3 bucks a pound...which is about as cheap as you're gonna get around here when you don't buy the whole shoulder...so I grabbed a bone in half that included the money muscle. Was thinking about doing my usual Tex Mex style rub then thought of the jar of Jerk seasoning sitting in my fridge:

I salted the butt, rubbed in about 4 tbsp of the Grace then vacuum packed it for an overnight rest in the fridge:

I loaded up the mini with Coshell, a little bit of RO lump, some cherry and a few hickory chips soaked in with the charcoal and white oak chunks around the outside of the ring:

Fifteen minutes after the meat hitting the smoker my temp is 223f down the one side and 244f down the other. Smoke is sweet and thin smelling of the oak/cherry combo.....beauty I says:

I'll update later.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 07:32:46 AM by MrHoss »
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

AcrossFromHoss

• WKC Brave
Re: Jerk Pork On The Mini
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 09:35:38 AM »
meanwhile across the street haha........

Free Image Hosting two hunks with my sweet heat rub smoothed out with a little pakpika. Oak and birch chunks around the outside of the ring. coshell and a little lump formed my snake in the 18'' WSM.

Free Image Hosting

Free Image Hosting

Free Image Hosting

Free Image Hosting popped in an aluminum pan 5 hours in. opened the vents a bit more to get my temp up to 250 for an hour before foiling

Free Image Hosting after an extra 70 minutes im happy with the color. Little apple juice in the pan then foiled. probe is reading 170.

Free Image Hosting whipped up some blue cheese and dried cranberry coleslaw for on the sandwiches.  just bagged coleslaw, red onion, dried cranberries, blue cheese dressing, black pepper and a dash of my rub.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 05:58:16 PM by AcrossFromHoss »
"Seeing pictures of a nice steak without viewing the middle is like seeing a nice pair of tits in a bra. You tease!!!!"
 22.5 black OTG kettle, 18.5 WSM, Jumbo Joe

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 12:02:48 PM »
Right on. We got butts on WSM's on either side of the street.

After about 6.5 hours in the butt, (that should read "and" rather than "in"),is beginning to blacken and look dryish in spots:

I wrap fat side up in a brown paper bag with the glue strips cut out:

I stuck one of my temp probes in the meat before closing the lid and it stabilized at 171f.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 02:19:06 PM by MrHoss »
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

AcrossFromHoss

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 01:55:35 PM »
"After about 6.5 hours in the butt"

One realizes how childish they can still be when laughing uncontrollably at something so simple :)
"Seeing pictures of a nice steak without viewing the middle is like seeing a nice pair of tits in a bra. You tease!!!!"

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 06:24:14 PM »
The butt was probe tender at 193f internal. It is so bloody late and I work first thing in the morning so I let it rest 45 minutes then tore off some outside pieces to eat:

AcrossFromHoss

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 08:08:47 PM »
I went to 196 and left it wrapped for 2 hours. Man that was a long wait. Bones pulled out clean. Good eats.  The darkness to the meat is from me pouring some of the fatty appley liquid into the meat.

Free Image Hosting
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 08:10:45 PM by AcrossFromHoss »

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 09:07:46 PM »
Hoss. What an awesome cook.

Jammato

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 10:39:35 AM »
what a butt

that is an incredible cook
If we were meant to grill with gas then the garden of Eden would have had a pipeline

Andrew

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2015, 10:43:25 AM »
Oh man. Looking good.

BBcue-Z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2015, 02:27:14 PM »
Great looking pork MrHoss!!
Now I'm tempted to get a mini :)

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2015, 04:12:37 PM »
So many Hoss-es so much pork butts! Minus the snow I'd love to live on your street!

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2015, 06:03:11 PM »
It is the day after and I take the pork hunk and slice off some pieces and cook them up with some asparagus bundles and sweet potatoes:

SixZeroFour

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2015, 09:46:40 PM »
Nothing but win my friend - killer cook up!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E