Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Mid-Atlantic Meetup III Master Thread  (Read 8839 times)

MartyG

• WKC Performer
Mid-Atlantic Meetup III Master Thread
« on: January 15, 2015, 04:17:48 PM »
Time to start planning! What say you MA members? Last year we did it at my place in Stewartstown, PA the Saturday before Memorial Day, and it was a lot of fun. I'd be happy to host again. Our second meetup was near Annapolis at a public park later in the year. Not a bad idea either.

Plenty of new members in the area this year, so let's make it a good one! If I get my act together, I might have something new to unveil. Something never seen before. Something....well, you'll just have to be there. 

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
Re: Mid-Atlantic Meetup III Master Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 04:06:21 AM »
I'll plan to be there, where ever it may end up being! Hopefully I won't have to worry about any birthday parties that are scheduled on the same day.

Those of you on the fence about meeting strangers on the internet in fear that we are serial killers, the food and company is worth the risk. :)

I'm thinking I may want to grill Roadside Chicken.
-2012 Black Performer-2006 Green OTG-2009 Q Gasser-

Sramsey

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 07:05:21 PM »
Those of you on the fence about meeting strangers on the internet in fear that we are serial killers, the food and company is worth the risk. :)

Funny.....that was an ice breaker, lol.
Own: 14' Black Performer Silver , Retiring 06' Black OTG.

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 07:20:22 PM »
Marty, you know I will be there if at all possible!  Might bring my kids too. 

(and yeah, the funny thing about meeting people from the internet is that they're most likely not any scarier/weirder/more disturbing than you are... which gate swings both ways!
)  ;-)
One of the charcoal people.

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 06:49:25 AM »
I'll try my best to make this one. My daughter will be old enough to do some light traveling. I might have to find a trailer since I sold my truck to haul the cookers in.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 08:07:36 AM »
I might have to find a trailer since I sold my truck to haul the cookers in.

I love that kind of preparation.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

wyd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2015, 12:28:07 PM »
I made the first one but last minute work killed me for the 2nd one.  The one I went to was a great time so if you never been to a meet up don't be afraid to come out and meet some new friends.  You will have a great time and eat some outstanding food.
Platinum Performer Kettle (In Blue), OTG (In Blue)
Genesis Gasser (In Blue), Smokey Joe (Uline Lime)
Looking to buy (18.5 blue or brownie and blue lantern)

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 03:50:00 AM »
I would certainly try to make it down again.  The first one was a lot of fun.
-Keith

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 05:23:06 AM »
Had a quick meetup with dwnthehatch after work yesterday (thanks again Troy!) and we talked about some potential dates. Last year we met the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, and although it was a good turnout and a lot of fun, I think this year we should make it a non-holiday weekend.

How does May 30th look for everyone? Weather should be nice, and I'm happy to host at my place in Stewartstown again as it's kind of mid-way between a bunch of members, and the car port gives us a rain or shine option. As always, I'm open to suggestions.

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2015, 06:07:15 AM »
I tentatively placed it in my calendar for the 30th. The only reason I can see it being an issue for me is if the same friend has another birthday party for their kid. It sounded like the 2nd birthday will be a family only affair so I'm hoping I'll be available!
-2012 Black Performer-2006 Green OTG-2009 Q Gasser-

wyd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2015, 09:36:19 AM »
I will put that in my calendar for that weekend.  Hope nothing comes up as I really enjoyed meeting everyone and hanging out.
Platinum Performer Kettle (In Blue), OTG (In Blue)
Genesis Gasser (In Blue), Smokey Joe (Uline Lime)
Looking to buy (18.5 blue or brownie and blue lantern)

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2015, 09:42:57 AM »
I put it on the calendar.  Tired of cooking in the cold/wind/snow......bring on spring
-Keith

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2015, 05:16:34 PM »
Sounds like fun. I'll put it on my calendar too. I been to both and thoroughly enjoyed them. I've not met anyone to scary yet. Lol!!
A Wonderful Family!!!

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2015, 03:09:15 AM »
We're getting close, to time to lock in the date and place, and get a head-count.

Date: Saturday, May 30th - Rain or shine.

Place: My home in Stewartstown PA - near Shrewsbury. PM me for the address and phone number if you don't have it from last year.

What to bring? Whatever you want to eat/drink and/or share. There is never a food shortage at these events! Lookers and cookers always welcome.

What I'll have on hand: Grills - a 26er, a few 22s, a couple 18s, 18.5 WSM, a few chimneys and plenty of KBB.

Time? Show up anytime after Noon. No particular end time in mind. Two meals are better than one!

Swap meet? Of course! I have a few things I want to relocate myself.

Games? Sure - I have horseshoes, frisbees.

Kids? Sure - my grandkids will probably be here. (7 and 4)

SOs - Sure, just don't tell them about the gravel road and that it's a bunch of freaks that met on-line.

Hope the local bunch can make it this year! (And if you are not local, feel free to show up anyway!)

Marty

teerhardy

• WKC Brave
    • My Blog
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2015, 04:34:55 AM »
Hey Marty, I am going to miss this one too :(  I'll be running a race that weekend in Fredericksburg, VA. Bummer.
Grey 22.5" OTS H
Copper 22.5" OTG... that's right I turned copper into gold.
Black 22.5" SS Performer