Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First Time Pizza  (Read 1231 times)

brettbrown

• WKC Brave
First Time Pizza
« on: November 08, 2014, 06:09:49 PM »
Made my first couple of pizzas tonight on the grill. I bought a cheapo pizza stone and put it to work. I did a little research on here before I started. I put about a half chimney of unlit coals in a "C" around the edge of the grill. I then lit a full chimney. I had the stone in the over at 400 degrees for about 45 min. When the coals were ready I dumped them on top of the unlit coals. I put the grill grate on and put these lifer things I found on the grate and then an 18" grate on top of the lifters and the stone on that grate. I have no idea what the lifters are, they are circular and about three inches tall. I found them way back in a cabinet of a kitchen I was remodeling.

Nate

• WKC Ranger
Re: First Time Pizza
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 06:16:59 PM »
Excellent first! And nice bottle of Drakes.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 08:35:11 PM »
Good idea using the 18 inch grate.  Pie looks good.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

brettbrown

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 07:47:47 AM »
Thanks. The first picture I took had my wife's white wine in it so I thought I would "man up" the next picture with some beer. Drakes is one of my favorites.

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 03:24:50 PM »
Nice job Brett. Great looking pizzas. Drake's Brewery is only a 5 minute drive from my house. They make some award winning beers.

5280Jeff

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 04:18:19 PM »
Great looking pizzas!