Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Updated w/rib'sThis is what I cooked for my father in-law and others made items.  (Read 1200 times)

Cuda Dan

• WKC Ranger
We always have a good time together. But this what went down.
For the fathers day I purchased a weber rib holder 6469 (because of Mirkwood who I witnessed using it for the Spring 2014 West Coast WKC meet, his ribs turned out better). I liked the holder just have to get used to using it. So I put them on the Red head SS performer and cooked for 3 hours with cherry and pecan wood, then sauced them. I got feedback from the family a little dry, oh well next time I will win!

But on the other hand I used Donna for the boneless and skinless chicken breasts I cooked them with cherry and pecan wood. These I only cooked for about 45 minutes. I pulled them off they ranged between 150-160.

My other brother in law stopped by one of our family’s favorite restaurant and picked up a Stromboli.

The day was very nice for my father in law and my brother in law. My mother was able to make it and she even made some comments about all the red kettles (I think the family is turning on me).

« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 05:53:09 AM by Cuda Dan »
Two '86 Red OT 22's (sold one G), '85 Red OT 22, '88 Red OT 22's, '93 Red MT 22 (aka Donna), '93 Red SS Performer (non-gas and non-casters), '02 Green OTP( my brother in law has it now), '04 Green OTG

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: This is what I cooked for my father in-law and others made items.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 12:04:55 PM »

Pretty dang nice cookup....... ;D

I think it's harder to get them right using racks, so don't get too, too down about it......tough to beat Lance's product on that day !!!!

I don't get how they could be turning on you, everybody knows food tastes better cooked on a RedHead !!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 12:07:00 PM »
Great job Dan!

I think the family is turning on me

Don't worry Dan. Paranoia is just another symptom of Weberitis. Just think what they'd say if you stopped Q'n stuff for them    :o
Dude, relax your chicken.

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 03:26:29 PM »
Cuda Dan - nice to see some tasty food off coming off those sweet kettles.

What was the beer you were drinking - a fine german wheat beer is my guess.

Don't let the relatives convince you that you have too many kettles.  Just keep churning out good cooks like this one.

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

GC8

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 04:26:33 PM »
Funny, I just had a VERY similar experience.  Had the family over with my nieces and used my rib rack for the first time to use on my SS!  I opted for the smaller one that could fit an 18" but doesn't double as a roast holder.  My family also grilled me about all of my kettles (get it?!) but after trying the ribs, they changed their tune.  I was hard on myself thinking the unsourced ones were a bit dry, but everyone seemed to love them.  Criticism just means you have to go through the painstaking task of grilling and drinking beer again...ah nuts!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
'79 22.5" Brownie - '00 Black SS Performer - '03 Green OTP - SJS Mini-WSM - Jumbo Joe - 22.5" Happy Cooker - '07 SJS

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 06:02:53 PM »
That looks delectable.! I gotta buy a rib rack just like yours and Lance.

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 06:35:08 PM »
Looks like another great cook up Dan, the ribs and chicken are looking pretty tasty.
The late saucing gives everything a truly beautiful deep rich color. Well done my friend.
AT Q 220 / CN Jumbo Joe / DZ 22 OTG / DZ 18.5 WSM / C&B AD Grass Green Performer Platinum / AD Dark Blue Performer Platinum / Black AD Performer Platinum / AD Charcoal Go Anywhere / P code Charcoal Go Anywhere

Welcome to the WKC, it's more than just a web site..

Cuda Dan

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 08:20:50 PM »
I want to thank all of you for your nice comments. I noticed that I did not get a rib picture I will look to see if I have one.

Winz,
 The beer could have been from 4 craft brewery's I shared them with my father in law so that could be why the rib's had an issue. HAHA
Next time I will take pictures of them to recall what we had. It was delicious but I don't think German could be Belgium the one that loves me bought them for me.

Two '86 Red OT 22's (sold one G), '85 Red OT 22, '88 Red OT 22's, '93 Red MT 22 (aka Donna), '93 Red SS Performer (non-gas and non-casters), '02 Green OTP( my brother in law has it now), '04 Green OTG