Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: SS Performer vinyl cover Part #  (Read 1618 times)

Dale Benson

• WKC Brave
SS Performer vinyl cover Part #
« on: March 27, 2014, 06:59:15 PM »
Does anyone know the part # for the vinyl cover for a SS Performer? If I'm unable to find one of these, what other (newer) covers will also fit properly? I've found an older cover at a local Home Depot but the dimensions are not indicated on the outside of the package. The part # (on this one I've found at HD) is 7455. I've not been in the market for one of these so I haven't been paying close attention to them. Do they come up on eBay or CL occasionally? Are they easy to find at local stores? What is a reasonable price to expect to pay for one?

If someone has a vinyl cover for a SS Performer that they are interested in selling, please PM me. Thanks much.
Dale
Have 22" Yellow MBH will trade for 22" Lime :-)

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Re: SS Performer vinyl cover Part #
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 07:04:17 PM »
The part number for the SS cover is #8701. Weber had some last year for $40 or $50. They pop up occasionally on ebay. There's one there now for $70.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Ken Mc

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 08:03:49 PM »
E-replacement parts has them as well.
Lookin' for a flat top 26"( not black)

Dale Benson

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 09:24:30 PM »
Thanks guys.

Has anyone used covers other than the 8701 for their SSP? When I checked the Weber section at Home Depot today, none of the various covers seemed to have their dimensions listed on the box, and I'm not familiar enough with dimensions of later model Performers to know whether or not their covers might fit the SSP. If I had a list of compatible covers (for the SSP) to keep handy I could be on the 'look out' for an alternative to the 8701 when I visit various stores or see them on sale online.

Maybe another approach to this is to ask if any later model Performers were as long, wide, and tall as the SSP. If not, then I suppose the obvious answer to my question as that no other cover can be used with the SSP.
Dale
Have 22" Yellow MBH will trade for 22" Lime :-)

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 11:55:49 PM »
No other cover will "fit" right or look right.  I got one for X-mas (ordered from Weber) for 50 bucks and free shipping they had at a the time.   
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 03:53:45 AM »
I just bought a SS performer and the cover is getting up there is usage.  I am almost thinking of buying a larger cover for mine as I will now have a place to store my roto.......It won't fit right but it will cover it.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"