Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: The Big Tomato resto  (Read 5524 times)

Duke

• The Duke
Re: The Big Tomato resto
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2013, 08:35:54 PM »
You did a great job Glenn. Was the thumbscrew originally on the side or did you turn it for the repair? Are you saying you made the daisy wheels? If so, from what I can see they look really good.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2013, 08:48:15 PM »
Great story, rescue and restore. Nothing wrong with that grill. Will be waiting for the pic's of the Turkey.

smokeyjoeuk-ray

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2013, 10:22:01 PM »
awesome job, looks really good, will look even better with some coals in and food on.

I need a red head in my life, and a roti ring.

OGlenn

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2013, 01:40:30 PM »
You did a great job Glenn. Was the thumbscrew originally on the side or did you turn it for the repair? Are you saying you made the daisy wheels? If so, from what I can see they look really good.

Due to rust, the two wheeled-leg sockets had to be rotated 60 degrees when they were reattached, which resulted in  the holes for the thumbscrews also rotating from their original orientation. The front leg socket is still in its original spot.

I did make the daisy wheels myself out of sheet aluminum as I don't have any that were smooth (without the ridge). They look okay and work fine, but if I find a donor grill with the proper lower vents I'll swap them.
Uncommon sense seeker

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2013, 04:43:46 AM »
Instead of making a ash pan out of a pizza pan or making a triangle of some sort, why not see if someone might have an old twist ash pan lying around?  At the very least maybe you can find an old black one on Craigslist for cheap and steal the ash pan.....it would certainly be easier and prob look better than an old pizza pan cobbled together....send me a PM I can prob help you....great work by the way...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2013, 06:25:01 AM »
Great RRR! That's a sweet looking tomato!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer