Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weekend scores  (Read 4927 times)

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Weekend scores
« on: September 02, 2013, 05:57:29 PM »
So I got a txt from my brother in law stating that his wife's mom's estate was for sale and that he had a Weber grill for sale.  He said "who else am I going to think of when I see a weber gre-ill?"

So I went to look at it and among many other items I bought a code H 1986 very good condition black kettle with one touch no 3 wheeler.
It's missing the ash pan, woody handles look good, just need some reconditioning.  Here is what I am wondering, when I look at the grill it is very unlevel and if you look at the pics below you will see it almost leans towards the front.  is the from leg too long?  More to come below the pics

Do you see the lean?

Here is another thing I got, we plugged it in and it still works anyone local interested?  Not sure I would ship this thing.

I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

javahog2002

• WKC Ranger
Re: Weekend scores
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 06:20:48 PM »
That does not look like a Kettle. You know this the WKC. The K stands for Kettle.
SSP '00-WSM 18.5-WSM 22.0-'90 MT-Hasty Bake Cado

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 06:29:44 PM »
That does not look like a Kettle. You know this the WKC. The K stands for Kettle.

Well, we tolerate all things Weber. Did you know that Weber actually made mail boxes?

I think they thought of themselves as an "Outdoor" company..

Its kind of a shame that they discontinued most of these odd items.

8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 06:30:53 PM »

HAHA, getting me back for my comment the other day re: the WSM score I see.  Thanks  ;)
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

kendoll

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 06:33:29 PM »
Nice pick ups Jeff! In acquisition mode again eh?

Ken
Willing to trade first born for: *Ranger (any colour) *Westerner (yeah right)

*Imperial (Glen-Blue) *Brown GA

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 06:48:19 PM »
Nice pick ups Jeff! In acquisition mode again eh?

Ken

Part of it was, I got the grill, zapper and a bunch of other stuff for a very fair price so I couldn't say no.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 07:09:22 PM by LightningBoldtz »

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 07:16:05 PM »
Random info, I know some folks have had trouble locating the bulbs for these.  I found some on line, for a very high price, like 27 bucks.  S a search on the weber model number if you are in need.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 07:18:30 PM »
Random info, I know some folks have had trouble locating the bulbs for these.  I found some on line, for a very high price, like 27 bucks.  S a search on the weber model number if you are in need.

Yeah, the bulbs are hard to find I understand.  I bought it more out of reaction than anything.  I saw it in the shed and immediately said, "I want that".  Really, I don't need it and don't really want it.  But is it Weber garb so I bought it.

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2013, 07:28:32 PM »
I think they are cool and would have done the same.  I had been under the impression the bulbs " did no exist" but apparently they do or might.

javahog2002

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2013, 07:33:32 PM »

Well, we tolerate all things Weber. Did you know that Weber actually made mail boxes?

I think they thought of themselves as an "Outdoor" company..

Its kind of a shame that they discontinued most of these odd items.

8)

Many companies make a lots of low quality items. Other companies make one thing well : Five Guys make good burgers, Chick FilA makes good  chicken, Weber makes good grills. They don't need to make bug zappers. When was the last time you saw a bug zapper 1990 ?
SSP '00-WSM 18.5-WSM 22.0-'90 MT-Hasty Bake Cado

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2013, 08:28:56 PM »
Kettle=Sweet

Zapper=Super Sweet

Collect all things Weber and be happy! By the way, add birdfeeders to you Weber odd items list. ;)

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2013, 05:37:18 AM »
Nice scores! The bug zappers are pretty sweet! On the kettle, I'm wondering if maybe the front leg socket is "stubbed" from being dragged on all three's, can you show us a pic of the bottom sockets?

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2013, 05:46:44 AM »
I picked up a big bug light but the bulb was gone.  I ordered the bulb online.  I hope it works.  I'll be thrilled.  When was the last time I saw a bug light?  The last time I saw a yellow grill in my neighbors back yard....... I'm gonna turn my yard into 1979......

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2013, 06:06:17 AM »
Hope it is the right bulb, Brian.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2013, 06:09:13 AM »
I picked up a big bug light but the bulb was gone.  I ordered the bulb online.  I hope it works.  I'll be thrilled.  When was the last time I saw a bug light?  The last time I saw a yellow grill in my neighbors back yard....... I'm gonna turn my yard into 1979......

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

Let me know how it goes, I may end up keeping this thing.