Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Hello from DFW! Weber Kettle Barn Find  (Read 4702 times)

460hawk

• Happy Cooker
Hello from DFW! Weber Kettle Barn Find
« on: September 02, 2013, 07:41:59 AM »
Hi WKC,

My Grandmother had a Weber Kettle Cart inside her house and used it for setting flowers on.  Later it was moved to the garage where it resided for several years after she passed away. The Kettle was probably used once!  The inside  bottom of the Kettle looks new.  The grate shows a little discoloration.

I have taken an interest in the cart and was wanting to know some information on it.  The best I can tell it is a variation of the Seville cart.  It has a hole in the top of the cart for what looks to be a space for an ice chest (white board in top).  Below the hole are two brackets that look like they would support the bottom of an ice chest.  Does any one know if this is a correct assumption?  Any clues of what type of ice chest this would have been?  Age of cart?  I would appreciate any help.
Thanks,
Don

http://

« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 08:31:30 AM by 460hawk »

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Hello from DFW! Weber Kettle Barn Find
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 08:36:08 AM »
Three are some here that have this same style cart.  They will know more than I do.  We believe the cut out is for a cutting board.  It's cool for sure....

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

460hawk

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 08:39:36 AM »
That was my thought initially, but the brackets below are throwing me off.  Thanks for the reply.

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Hello from DFW! Weber Kettle Barn Find
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 08:44:15 AM »
That grill looks in great shape. I don't know much about it either. But I'm sure it's a great cooker anyway! Welcome from Nashville!

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 09:11:38 AM »
Welcome to the community.  This is an odd duck for sure.  No doubt AJ will be along to share his version of the cart.  I do not recall that his had brackets under the "cutting board" area, but it might.

I assume you have no idea Where your grandmother got the cart.

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 09:14:09 AM »
Looking at the shape of the cutout and brackets i am wondering if they were made for disposable styrofoam coolers that were "popular" in the 70s.

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 09:23:24 AM »
Hey Don, we love the barn finds!  First, I have no clue what those brackets underneath are for.
Yours is the first I've seen like it. What is the white part made of? Does it lift out? Here are some links for you to perv. Lots of talk about them.  A few seem to be slightly different 
That would be great for a restore. It looks like they used it some. No charcaol grate? The top vent looks really rough and loose. You can find a regular 18" gold and drop into the cart and you would have a great little cooker. Keep us posted! AJ

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/18'-seville/

I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

460hawk

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 09:36:27 AM »
The styrofoam coolers looks to be the best match for the brackets. My grandmother got it as part of a house purchase.  The owner threw it in as part of the deal.  My mother seemed to remember the carts may have been made here in Fort Worth.  I will have to get some measurements and see if I can find a cooler to fit.

460hawk

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2013, 09:52:11 AM »
The white part is just plywood with formica that my Grandfather added.  He drilled a few holes in the brackets and added screws to secure it.  I am sure it is not original to the cart and it does not lift out.  I am not sure what happened to the bottom grate. What is the best way to clean the porcelain? I hosed off the cart and have not really cleaned it yet.   Thanks, Don

07BlackSpecV

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2013, 10:35:49 AM »
New charcoal grate would be easy to get at lowes or whatnot. That thing is cool for sure. Get to cooking and enjoying.

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2013, 12:28:02 PM »
Is it me or are there no vents on the bottom bowl? Strange...
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2013, 01:18:46 PM »
I noticed that too weird.
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2013, 03:36:05 PM »
AJ says that is the way these came - no vents at all.

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2013, 04:05:35 PM »

These did not have vents..  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

460hawk

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2013, 04:19:36 PM »
You are correct, no vents.  I plan on cleaning it up, and find the bottom grate and probably make a cutting board to fit the hole.  I will definitely get a new handle for it from the guy here on the forum.  I appreciate everyone's help! Don