Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Free shipping on AFire Coconut Charcoal  (Read 5561 times)

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Re: Free shipping on AFire Coconut Charcoal
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 11:17:57 AM »
What do you guys think of this stuff? Any difference in taste, heat, amount to use?
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 12:29:45 PM »
The reviews have been good and the price seems better than average. I will post some comments after I give it a try. When I had a kamado I had some Kamado brand that was really good and then it went down hill and I quit buying it. It burned long and really hot, so you didn't need much. A little went a long ways.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 01:11:08 PM »
The reviews have been good and the price seems better than average. I will post some comments after I give it a try. When I had a kamado I had some Kamado brand that was really good and then it went down hill and I quit buying it. It burned long and really hot, so you didn't need much. A little went a long ways.

Thanks, Shaun. I'd be interested in the coconut for the smaller portable kettles. Ill prob order 2 boxes to try it out.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 01:42:05 PM »
The shape fuels my OCD a little.  I feel like I would constantly be trying various symetrical loading techniques.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 02:03:16 PM »

Thanks, Shaun. I'd be interested in the coconut for the smaller portable kettles. Ill prob order 2 boxes to try it out.

I picked up four. I like the idea of taking a small box with you on an outing rather than a bag of K. You could also utilize the mini chimney with this. I might just have to get a mini chimney now. ???
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 02:05:13 PM by Duke »

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2013, 07:21:02 PM »
Thanks for the tip, Shaun.  I ordered 2 boxes to give it a try.  After traveling with my JJ last week, I agree it would be nice to have some nice compact charcoal instead of packing a big bag, or hoping for good luck at some local source.

I'll also be working on some way to rationalize the purchase of a mini-chimney.  ;-)
One of the charcoal people.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2013, 07:40:00 PM »
Thanks for the tip, Shaun.  I ordered 2 boxes to give it a try.  After traveling with my JJ last week, I agree it would be nice to have some nice compact charcoal instead of packing a big bag, or hoping for good luck at some local source.

I'll also be working on some way to rationalize the purchase of a mini-chimney.  ;-)

Good call Mike! ;) We'll need to compare notes on it. I know Troy likes this stuff and should get in on it, but he's too busy exploring the SoCal beaches. 8)

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2013, 08:48:33 PM »
i've never used this.

i'm tempted to try it though.
free shipping helps, but the price per pound doesn't :(

Brickout

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2013, 05:27:15 PM »
Thanks for the tip. I'm going to give this a try.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2013, 03:07:18 PM »
Well it came in yesterday. It arrived in good condition and looks just like it did on the website. Now to find some ahi. ;)

I'll post my results after I use it. :)

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2013, 04:06:35 PM »
looks nice

please use it soon and report back :)

want to blog it on the frontpage?

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2013, 02:18:43 PM »
4.5 lbs doesn't sound like very much for the $$$. Heck, its double what i pay for Wicked Good. I would like to try it, but I'm not going to pay more for shipping or buy $50 worth to get free shipping. I don't mean to sound so cheap, but this stuff is pricey. Do Williams Sonoma sell it in store? I'd happily pay full price for a box over the counter.

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2013, 03:01:10 PM »
it is expensive, no doubt.  But it is free shipping-- check the fine print on that page, right underneath the price.  Also says it is 'online only'.

So you don't need to buy much at all.  I just got two boxes to experiment for when I go camping-- with three kids and all their stuff in the car, space is at a serious premium, and this stuff will pack up really small. 
One of the charcoal people.

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2013, 06:36:39 PM »
it is expensive, no doubt.  But it is free shipping-- check the fine print on that page, right underneath the price.  Also says it is 'online only'.

So you don't need to buy much at all.  I just got two boxes to experiment for when I go camping-- with three kids and all their stuff in the car, space is at a serious premium, and this stuff will pack up really small.

Mike, I saw the free shipping for $50 or more and assumed that was the deal. Thanks so much for clarifying! Now I will buy a box or two. Take care.