Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: From the Thermapen people  (Read 1312 times)

DoppelBock

• WKC Ranger
From the Thermapen people
« on: August 16, 2013, 07:22:42 AM »
'
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 05:04:14 PM by DoppelBock »

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
Re: From the Thermapen people
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 07:25:13 AM »
I saw those yesterday...contemplating getting one. Spoke to customer service and she stated its ok for prolonged use as long as the temp is below 525ish. Would work good on the WSM and the kettles for long smokes/cooks.
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

DoppelBock

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 07:33:08 AM »
'
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 05:04:05 PM by DoppelBock »

edhead35

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 08:16:39 AM »
To me, I wouldn't spend the money to have Thermapen instant read technology on something I dont need instant read technology on. Keeping these in the meat, be it in the oven, a grill, or smoker, nothing is going to change drastically in the time it takes the temp to update. That and the meat temp doesn't change in the time it takes for a "regular" leave in meat therm. I have a cheap Polder, and a foodnetwork one, and they work fine.

Now all of that being said, if you have a thermapen and just want matching therms, go for it. I am sure it is top quality and will last forever. I may eventually get one but not on the immediate horizon. I am actually really interested in the Maverick competition to the thermapen at a lower price, and it has a backlight. You can't have too many meat probes.... and therms... and mortar and pestles ... and grills ... and knives ... and smokers ... and guns ... and women.

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 08:19:31 AM »
Looks to be just one unit ... no transmitter a long with a receiver.  ??? ???
I'm sure the quality is good, though. Thermoworks makes excellent products.  :D

Fast readings with the Thermapen is a bonus when you have the lid lifted ... keeping the heat in.

You're right, Ed .. you can never have too many of any gadgets.  ;) ;)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.