Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: MisterChrister is the Bomb..CL Score.......Assembly Update  (Read 5282 times)

Bluesman

• WKC Brave
MisterChrister is the Bomb..CL Score.......Assembly Update
« on: August 03, 2013, 07:27:24 PM »
This MisterChrister is the bomb. He's cooking for his family and still has time to text me a CL link. His link is for a brick red Performer......NIB...... ??? I open it up and it's $225........... :-*: So I contact the seller and he says it's available and he has a NIB Snap-On Smokey Joe as well. We deal and come to $240 for both........:clap2: So I ask for permission and not only do I get it...the wife hands me the cash........... :) Wait were did you get all that......fark it I need to drive an hour and 10 south to pick up some grills. So I get there and as described NIB. The Performer has the gas assist and is Brick Red. The Joe is really cool and is black. I will have more pictures tomorrow when everything is assembled. Just wanted to thank Chris proper here on the board.......YAY CHRIS.......... 8)

My two new babys in the box The Performer is a 2010

The Snap-On Socket Grill. Can't find a date code on it.......Yet

The Snap-On has the logo on the grill grate and the socket flank drive design as does the top vent. The top handle has a wrench molded in.

More pictures to follow tomorrow......It's late and I need a few beers......:becky:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 07:11:42 AM by Bluesman »
2000 Simpson OTG, 2010 22.5 WSM, 98 SS Perfomer, Q100, Q200, Smoken Bucky UDS, 1983 WGA, 1995 Red Master Touch, Early 70's Red Statesman
2010 Brick Red Touch n' Go Performer
Snap-On Wrench Smokey Joe

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
MisterChrister is the Bomb............CL Score
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 07:37:56 PM »
Nice work gents!

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
Re: MisterChrister is the Bomb............CL Score
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 08:33:26 PM »
That's a good deal on the performer. Not to rain on your parade, but my understanding is that those snap on grills aren't actually weber products, but Chinese imports. Either way, congrats!

Bluesman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 08:42:38 PM »
That's a good deal on the performer. Not to rain on your parade, but my understanding is that those snap on grills aren't actually weber products, but Chinese imports. Either way, congrats!

Yup you are correct. I just assembled it and Made in China sticker on the ash pan. The vents are thin and not formed right. I'll most likely use it as a conversation piece. For $15 not a bad deal. Hell i paid $10 for the mini Weber redhead and you can't cook on that.
2000 Simpson OTG, 2010 22.5 WSM, 98 SS Perfomer, Q100, Q200, Smoken Bucky UDS, 1983 WGA, 1995 Red Master Touch, Early 70's Red Statesman

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 08:47:05 PM »
The Performer is awesome, you will love cooking on it.  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Bluesman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 08:53:21 PM »
The Performer is awesome, you will love cooking on it.  8)

I almost pulled the trigger on the same one in April for $329 + tax. I really want to retire my 98 SS green Performer to more of a once in a while duty cycle. Now I need a cover and a Craycort cast iron grate and a Cajun bandit ROT.............then I have enough, maybe, we'll see, depends on if Chris texts me again......Oh Fark......I'm an addict. My name is Jon and I am addicted to Weber grills.............

Fishawn

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 10:58:38 PM »
Love the Performers! Nice Score!

Weber MD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 03:45:09 AM »
Nice score!

Bluesman

• WKC Brave
Re: MisterChrister is the Bomb..CL Score.......Assembly Update
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2013, 07:12:12 AM »
Got up this morning and started to lay out all the parts for the Performer. The Snap-On got assembled last night.

Parts

Bowl, Lid and more parts

Legs, Top and yet more parts

Big Red and the Wrench all assembled

Lid detail on the Sanp-On. Wrench in the handle and Snap-on and a the Flank drive design on the vent...........kinda cool. The grill is made in china but it looks cool. For $15 I like it.

The Snap-On grate. "S" logo and the flank drive design as well

Well all my grills have been cleaned, updated with some new wood handles, were needed and it was time for a Family Portrait.

When comparing the new Performer to my 98 SS I find several things I like better.
1.) It's 3" taller, that's nice
2.) Casters, right now I like that, but that could change
3.) Gas assist. I installed a new tank and this baby popped right off...Saweeeet
4.) The placement of the thermometer is great. I like to cook indirect, so the vent is always on the right with the coals on the left. This provides a better smoke path. So now the thermometer is right in front of me. No more looking around the corner like SS thermometer placement.
5.) It's brand new, I didn't pay full price, I got to put it togtether and I get to get it dirty.
6.) Oh Weber uses all threaded inserts instead all that nut and washer BS. Kudos to Weber. Brass inserts don't rust.

The only thing I might do is change out the table screws for SS ones.

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
MisterChrister is the Bomb..CL Score.......Assembly Update
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2013, 07:20:04 AM »
Nice collection you have there. Having all used not new grills I'm kind of jealous  of the nib experience.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2013, 07:31:22 AM »
Nice family pic!
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2013, 07:47:18 AM »
All of it......Really nice.....
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2013, 05:45:51 PM »
I like that color (wonder why? ;D)  Nice looking family!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

kendoll

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2013, 07:52:06 PM »
Love the Homer sitting pride of place right in the middle.

Great collection.

Ken
Willing to trade first born for: *Ranger (any colour) *Westerner (yeah right)

*Imperial (Glen-Blue) *Brown GA

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2013, 04:10:16 AM »
Very nice!