Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Happiness Is…..  (Read 391 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Happiness Is…..
« on: April 11, 2023, 03:58:57 PM »
When the weather is nice and there’s enough daylight to clean up a couple of kettles after work.  Been itching to clean up my Blue 18” Secret Santa kettle from @michaelmilitello and I picked up a basically new 18” black kettle yesterday for $20.  Funny I bought an 18” cooking grate this weekend at Ace Hardware for $25…. One touch ash pan is on the way from Amazon for the black one, blue one has the awesome early 2000s system - so easy to remove and place.  Got me a SS SNS easy spin grate for the blue one in January, looking forward to trying it out.  Love seeing these colors in the spring……

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Happiness Is…..
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2023, 06:28:58 AM »
very nice, once you get all yours cleaned up and you still have the urge there is about 48 in the backyard that need a spring cleaning in Doraville
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2023, 06:49:39 AM »
very nice, once you get all yours cleaned up and you still have the urge there is about 48 in the backyard that need a spring cleaning in Doraville
Wow, that's a lot!  Doubt I'll have that much drive lol.....

Funny thing is whenever I get them all cleaned up and shiny my neighbor invariably gets on his mower and scalps his dormant bermuda sending particles and dust everywhere.  He's got a huge yard and the wind always shifts my way.  Last time he wore a breathing ventilator while we coughed and sneezed trying to have a relaxing time on the deck.  I'm probably the only guy around that keeps a swiffer duster handy to dust off the grills.... works great on pollen too!

OkieGirl

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2023, 03:10:16 AM »
[quote author=bamakettles link=topic=50795.msg494509#msg494509
I'm probably the only guy around that keeps a swiffer duster handy to dust off the grills.... works great on pollen too!
[/quote]

Some people think I'm weird because I keep a swiffer for the inside of the car.
But you win.  ;D

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2023, 06:16:32 AM »
[quote author=bamakettles link=topic=50795.msg494509#msg494509
I'm probably the only guy around that keeps a swiffer duster handy to dust off the grills.... works great on pollen too!

Some people think I'm weird because I keep a swiffer for the inside of the car.
But you win.  ;D
[/quote]
Swiffers are great!!  Not sure how we survived so long without them.....

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2023, 09:56:35 AM »
I strangely enjoy cleaning kettles and seeing the shine.  I’m the same with our cars, too.  I suppose it’s not a chore if you enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bladz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2023, 07:30:26 AM »
I use the California Car Duster on the outside of my kettles.  The original swiffer. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

SixZeroFour

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2023, 09:48:32 AM »
I strangely enjoy cleaning kettles and seeing the shine.  I’m the same with our cars, too.  I suppose it’s not a chore if you enjoy it.

Couldn't agree more... there is something almost therapeutic about cleaning up a kettle (or car) and making it like new again! I think it satisfies my OCD tendencies  :D
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2023, 12:25:59 PM »
Happiness is... Weber stepping up the quality of their grill covers!