Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New member regarding longtime member grillagin  (Read 494 times)

Majewskislilsis

• Happy Cooker
New member regarding longtime member grillagin
« on: November 09, 2022, 03:48:59 PM »
Hello from Minneapolis. I am new as a member to this forum but very familiar because of a WKC member since 2017 that many of you know as Grillagin in Superior, WI.  Grillagin was my brother, and sadly he has passed away; he absolutely loved this forum and Weber Kettles.  I believe he was up to 25 that he owned...many of which he worked hard to salvage and restore. I thought I should let the members know even though it doesn't seem he'd been too active in this past year.  I've inherited his collection and trying to learn more about what he had.  I can't kerp them all as much as I'd like to so some may be up for grabs. Right now, I'd appreciate if anyone would help me in determining which of his kettles may be more special than others. I've had a lot of fun reading through his old posts.  It's easy to see why Webbers and grilling had been such a passion for him. The enthusiasm you all have is infectious.

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
Re: New member regarding longtime member grillagin
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2022, 05:43:38 PM »
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your brother.  I remember him.  I suggest posting a picture of the collection and WKC folks will likely help you from there.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

FlashHokie

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2022, 06:04:48 PM »
I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your brother! There is a wealth of knowledge here and I'm sure people will be glad to help.

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2022, 06:45:54 PM »
What a shocker! Such sad news. I'm at a loss for words. I don't know him personally and never met him, but I remember he was an active member on here, when I joined the WKC. May your brother Rest in Peace, and may you

carry on his tradition, as a new Weber Kettle Club member. Welcome from Virginia Beach, Virginia.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2022, 02:39:28 AM »
My sincere condolences for you and @Grillagin family. He was a grate member and will be missed. Happy to help you out with the collection and any help you may need.
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

ASpitzer

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2022, 05:53:01 AM »
So sorry to hear of your loss. I'm sure the good people on this site will help with any questions you come up with. Learning what he kept in his collection will be an interesting quest for you. Enjoy what he left you and welcome to the Club.
1957 Wood Dale Demo, MLH Mothership Ranch, 1980 Smokey Joe Black, 2014 Smokey Joe Black, 1992 Master Touch Green, 2022 Original Black, Glen Blue 26 in., 70th Anniversary Hot Rod Yellow

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2022, 06:28:11 AM »
I'm so sorry for your loss.  We will be glad to help in any way we can for you to get to know your kettles.  Pictures can sometimes say a thousand words so if there are any that you would like to identify, maybe post a picture and ask for help with an ID.  It's usually helpful to see the top and bottom vents, handles and wheels.  It'll be a great honor and tribute to him when you cook on these.

cigarman20

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2022, 04:59:28 PM »
Truly sorry to hear of your family’s loss. It’s wonderful that you will be caring for a few of his special kettles.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Grails- ‘63 Fleetwood, Ambassador

1spacemanspiff

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2022, 07:25:22 PM »
Sorry for your loss.  Lots of good information here.  Ask any question and the members here will give you an honest answer.

ISO Yellow Offset SJ, Yellow ranger

bladz

• WKC Ranger
New member regarding longtime member grillagin
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2022, 12:25:04 PM »
Such sad news.  Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. 

I’ve had a few conversations(text messages) with your brother.  Although I’ve never met him personally he seemed like a great guy.

You can feel confident in asking the members of WKC for help on evaluating kettles.

Rest In Peace @grillagin.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 12:38:53 PM by bladz »

SixZeroFour

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2022, 09:02:41 AM »
So very sorry for your loss. We have a great group of people here in the club who would be more than happy to help, and hopefully you find the same joy in our fun little hobby as he did. Rest in peace @Grillagin
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

mattstaub

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2022, 04:14:53 AM »
Sorry for your loss

Transit98

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2022, 06:06:25 AM »
God bless you and your family. Condolences. If he was a Weber man he was a smart man! BBQ on brother. Enjoy his collection!