Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: corn and tater ring  (Read 326 times)

midnight369

• Happy Cooker
corn and tater ring
« on: June 08, 2022, 12:24:16 PM »
so i got this vintage corn and tater ring from my mrs off ebay for christmas.  it seems almost brand new but does anyone have experience using this or at least know what the recommended cooking procedure would be for it.  thanks in advance for any info as you tube is completely useless for this tool. 

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
Re: corn and tater ring
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2022, 12:52:34 PM »
Congrats on the CnT, and having a wife that likes to spoil you.   It’s a pretty easy tool to use. 

You’ll wanna run the dampers wide open.  Cook the corn/potatoes indirect by placing your coals in the center of the charcoal grate.  This will allow you to still cook(direct) other items in the center.  Bigger ears of corn will keep the lid from setting all the way on the bowl, which will increase the heat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
corn and tater ring
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2022, 01:00:11 PM »
I like to use it with pre-shucked corn, following what brewtown said…..  honestly haven’t used mine much, but it’s a great conversation starter at gatherings and a fun way to introduce a second or third kettle into the cook.  After about 30 minutes I like to pull the shucks down and lay the cobs on the grill for a little char.  Good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club