Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: SnS charcoal basket compared to the Weber in a Jumbo Joe  (Read 424 times)

stillgriller

• WKC Ranger
SnS charcoal basket compared to the Weber in a Jumbo Joe
« on: May 22, 2022, 09:15:25 AM »
Here‘s the SnS charcoal basket compared to the Weber charcoal basket. Same height, but takes up about half of the cooking area on a 18” Jumbo Joe. I think this will resolve my issue where one small chimney of charcoal overfills the Weber basket and crowds the cooking grate. Looks to be about the same gauge steel.
The Weber basket would might still be good for a low and slow cook where I need more indirect cooking area, maybe?
Happiness is found under the lid of a charcoal grill.

stillgriller

• WKC Ranger
Re: SnS charcoal basket compared to the Weber in a Jumbo Joe
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2022, 12:48:17 PM »
First cook, cheeseburgers over Basques Sugar Maple Lump charcoal, hot n’ fast.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 12:50:34 PM by stillgriller »

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2022, 07:16:06 AM »
Burgers look great!  Looks like we'll be taking an 18 to the beach this year and an SNS basket and mini drip pan will definitely be coming with it.  Gotta decide if I want to bring an 18 with legs or the JJ.  Not having the table I'll probably bring one of the Easterners.  Will be fun having a vintage kettle at the beach this year.  Your cooks on the JJ are giving me great ideas, keep 'em coming!

cdp8

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2022, 09:31:19 AM »
Here’s a couple of ideas for you from recent vacations. Rack of lamb with a board dressing and fresh Halibut. The fish was fresh off the boat that morning. Love my JJ/Weber table combo with the SnS grate, basket, and drip tray!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2022, 09:42:15 AM »
Here’s a couple of ideas for you from recent vacations. Rack of lamb with a board dressing and fresh Halibut. The fish was fresh off the boat that morning. Love my JJ/Weber table combo with the SnS grate, basket, and drip tray!

Nice cooks!!

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2022, 12:04:21 PM »
I have the SnS basket, and it does hog too much real estate imho.   A single Weber basket is sufficient for most cooks if I’m only cooking for two. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stillgriller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2022, 08:13:53 PM »

Nice cooks and setup!

cdp8

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2022, 10:28:36 AM »
Nice cooks!!

Nice cooks and setup!

Thanks!

I'd been on the hunt for a 7445 table for a couple of years, searching from San Diego to San Louis Obispo.   One popped up with a JJ for $50 in Santa Barbara a few weeks before a trip there in September 2020. The seller loved that I was a Weber guy and he agreed to hold it. He actually gave it to a neighbor to hold because he moved. I love the JJ/table combo. IMHO, Weber is missing out by not making tables anymore. They ought to bring out another gas fire pit too. But what do I know. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯